Iron Maiden (1980-1985 particularly)
Judas Priest
AC/DC
Black Sabbath
Sinocence
Megadeth
Testament

and lots of others.................
seakrieg I totally agree with you about Iron Maiden,thier best albums are from 1980 - 1985 ending with Live After Death. Starting from 1986 Somewhere In Time all the way till right now the band is absolutely "overrated" and they are living off thier first 5 albums.

This new album "The Final Frontier" and with thier song off of it "Where No Man Has Gone Before" makes us wonder if Bruce will come out on stage in a Star Trek uniform?? LOFL!!! This new album will be boring as hell I'll put my hard earned money on it.

I would go as far as to say that Iron Maiden are the second biggest overrated heavy metal band of all time with Metallica being #1. Actually thats "Shitallica".
Old 04-25-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D.DIAMOND View Post
seakrieg I totally agree with you about Iron Maiden,thier best albums are from 1980 - 1985 ending with Live After Death. Starting from 1986 Somewhere In Time all the way till right now the band is absolutely "overrated" and they are living off thier first 5 albums.

This new album "The Final Frontier" and with thier song off of it "Where No Man Has Gone Before" makes us wonder if Bruce will come out on stage in a Star Trek uniform?? LOFL!!! This new album will be boring as hell I'll put my hard earned money on it.

I would go as far as to say that Iron Maiden are the second biggest overrated heavy metal band of all time with Metallica being #1. Actually thats "Shitallica".
Sadly you may be on to something there. I still cling to the nostalgia of when Maiden meant so much to me and still have much respect for certain band members in particular. But yeah....everything to Live After Death was mind blowing and on a meteoric trajectory upwards. Not any more. Found the last show I went to (Twickenham) extremely disappointing despite what should have been an incredible setlist in the main. Ah well.....I always have the memories of when the great albums came out. Can't ever forget that
Same with Metallica for me. I wouldn't cross the road to see them now.....but when Ride The Lightning was released.....bloody hell! Great days they were
Take it easy mate.

Old 04-25-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D.DIAMOND View Post

i agree with you that maiden and shitallica are 2 most overrated heavy metal bands. i can't stand maiden (in any phase of their career) and i never liked metallica and those 2 bands are so big today (big as they ever were) i just don't get it why. for me the only difference between maiden and metallica is that i used to listen to maiden a few years back (before i really saw they are so unimaginitive, boring and unoriginal) and i never really listened to metallica, i heard all their big songs and it never really did anything for me
So grey is the face of every mortal
Old 04-25-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seakrieg View Post
Sadly you may be on to something there. I still cling to the nostalgia of when Maiden meant so much to me and still have much respect for certain band members in particular. But yeah....everything to Live After Death was mind blowing and on a meteoric trajectory upwards. Not any more. Found the last show I went to (Twickenham) extremely disappointing despite what should have been an incredible setlist in the main. Ah well.....I always have the memories of when the great albums came out. Can't ever forget that
Same with Metallica for me. I wouldn't cross the road to see them now.....but when Ride The Lightning was released.....bloody hell! Great days they were
Take it easy mate.
Yeah seakrieg and innuendo,I was 12 years old in 1982 when I first started listening to Iron Maiden,was there when Piece Of Mind was released and in 1984 when Powerslave was released....back then Iron Maiden was consistant and have never written a shit album,who would of thought back then that 1984's Powerslave would be the last great Iron Maiden album ever released? Wow.

Needless to say the band have been on a downwards spiral ever since. Sure there are a few good tracks after that but not an entire quality album.And today everybody rants and raves about how awsome Iron Maiden is....WTF?

They all want to see Iron Maiden live just so they can hear 'The Number Of The Beast" played live ....all these beer drinking people rasing thier fists screaming "Number Of The Beast" whooo ect...but they never rant and rave about Maiden's current new album?

They are totally riding off of thier first 5 studio albums up to Powerslave and its a joke. I was also there in 1984 when Metallica released Ride The Lightning and I was 16 when they released Master Of Puppets,and I saw the Master Of Puppets show here in the Seattle Arena,it was one of the first few shows that Jason Newstead played with them but it was only 3 months after Cliff had died so they were still in "top-form" back then ect..

It was the "real" Metallica before aliens from another planet came down and stole the real Metallica and took them to another planet because what we have seen from 1990(The Black Album) up to now its not "Metallica" its "Shitallica". What the fuck happened to them?

Cliff was the heart and soul of the band,even though Lars and James forged the sound wich they did,it was Cliff who had the "cool" attitude to stay the same and never sell out or change ect...Cliff would be turning over in his grave if he could see them now,he would spit on them,thats for sure.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:41 AM

It's hard to pick top 10 because there's too many good bands.

Black Sabbath (This band is just great no matter who is the frontman... Ok forget Gillan)

Ozzy (Maybe the voice is gone, and drugs have done permanent damage. I have never leaved show of Prince darkness disapointed)

Whitesnake (What a Voice... Perfect)

Judas Priest (Stop fuckin around with shit like Nostradamus and deliver the goods.)

Saxon (Everyone else is triyng to be so artistic, but Saxon delivers what fans want HEAVY METAL!)

W.A.S.P. (Blackie is genius)

Manowar (Kings of metal)

Kiss (Without them i probably would ended up listening Nirvana)

Sabaton (Damn this band has made three perfect albums and fourth is on the way)

King Diamond (Clive Barker of Heavy Metal)
Old 04-26-2010, 07:19 PM

I'm one of the ones who likes the Born Again album by Sabbath.Some great tunes on there,not all but some.

Still the best Sabbath album IMO will always be Heaven & Hell,as much as I like a lot of the Ozzy stuff,none of it touches H&H musically.

I started listening to Maiden when the 1st album came out and saw them open for Priest on there first US tour for Killers in 81,they put on a great show as did Priest,which was there Point of Entry Tour.Seen Priest the first time on the British Steel tour in a small venue about 400 or so seater with Axe opening up.Same venue I saw Ozzy with Motorhead on the Blizzard Tour.

All great shows.

Now Priest.that Nostradamus IMO is basically a wasted effort.wonder why the did not do the tour to play the whole album,instead they did the British Steel Anniversary Tour.That was a million times better than any Nostradamus poo poo.I can only listen to a few songs on there that are even close to what I expect a Priest song to be.

Seen Metallica on Every Tour up to Justice and after that I lost intrest in them basically.

Old 05-22-2010, 04:36 AM

Yea, I'll have to agree that Metallica is very overated. I still cant get enough of Maiden (Dianno or Bruce), Sabbath (Ozzy, Dio and Gillan), Slayer and Megadeth. They all stayed pretty true to there roots and still deliver (We will miss Heaven & Hell...RIP RJD). There are some new bands that seem to keep putting out some interesting stuff like Overkill (Did you hear the new one??? "It's killer old school thrash"), Exodus, Bleeding Through, Coheed & Cambria, Deftones and Ihsahn (from Emperor).