Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-18-2012, 10:40 AM
ironmaiden1966 ironmaiden1966 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 72
Default petition - wacken 2012 dvd to be released commercially

please sign up if you want the full version of the wacken 2012 set to be released commercially , maybe either part of the new album cd / dvd set or on its own , whichever , its worth a try , maybe the band will consider it....while we are at it...what about a complete 'promo's collection' dvd !

Last edited by ironmaiden1966; 08-18-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-19-2012, 01:56 AM
saxonthegreat saxonthegreat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 225
Default

sure im all for that, how about some of the other shows that were filmed like swedenrock 2011, any graspops , downloads, and i thought it a bit crazy that only hammer of the gods was played at wacken from call to arms hopefully the guys will play more from it at another festival and release it for us,its such a great album its a pity not to give us the full kaboosh
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-19-2012, 02:27 PM
Inner Sanctum Inner Sanctum is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 6
Default

Instead of another Wacken (or other festival) DVD I'd like to see a DVD (or better blu-ray) of a recent regular concert in a hall. I think such a concert will probably have even more atmosphere, better sound, more fans in the public. But probably this will not happen, because it will cost Saxon more to film such a concert than releasing a DVD of a festival, that was filmed anyway for television.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-19-2012, 04:11 PM
saxonthegreat saxonthegreat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 225
Default

thats fair enough , with a bit of luck we can get a 10,000 seat arena show on dvd, it is about time saxon were headlining these places again.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-20-2012, 05:56 PM
Fingers's Avatar
Fingers Fingers is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Angmering
Posts: 3,191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Sanctum View Post
Instead of another Wacken (or other festival) DVD I'd like to see a DVD (or better blu-ray) of a recent regular concert in a hall. I think such a concert will probably have even more atmosphere, better sound, more fans in the public. But probably this will not happen, because it will cost Saxon more to film such a concert than releasing a DVD of a festival, that was filmed anyway for television.
Tend to agree with this, don't forgot the Sheffield City Hall gig was filmed as part of the Harvey Goldsmith programme and it featured the Eagle.
__________________
WE WILL REMEMBER

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-22-2012, 09:34 AM
PunkTexas's Avatar
PunkTexas PunkTexas is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 465
Default

I'd like to see a concert that only has songs from 1991 and later.

It'd be cool if Saxon would do concerts in two parts. The first hour with the old stuff. Have an intermission then and hour of the new stuff. If the old fans had an open mind I know they'd like the new songs. Just give those old fans an hour of the old songs. Don't force them (in their minds) to listen to any new songs. After the intermission they might be open to hearing new songs. Especially if they see rabid fans that know and want the new music. Just a thought.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-22-2012, 11:08 AM
Fingers's Avatar
Fingers Fingers is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Angmering
Posts: 3,191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkTexas View Post
I'd like to see a concert that only has songs from 1991 and later.

It'd be cool if Saxon would do concerts in two parts. The first hour with the old stuff. Have an intermission then and hour of the new stuff. If the old fans had an open mind I know they'd like the new songs. Just give those old fans an hour of the old songs. Don't force them (in their minds) to listen to any new songs. After the intermission they might be open to hearing new songs. Especially if they see rabid fans that know and want the new music. Just a thought.
Great idea, this is something I agree 110% with, some of the songs that don't get played from 91 onwards are criminally under played. Great songs like Lionheart, State of Grace (to name but two) discarded into the Wilderness, I don't mind admitting I could quite happily do without hearing "To Hell and Back Again" ever again.

I accept that some people only see Saxon once a year or every Blue moon and would be dissappointed not to hear the perceived classics, but there are 20 years plus since 91 of newer classics that need to be heard St Georges day 2008 (From the HMT movie package) there was no "Wheels of Steel" it was still an awesome gig.
__________________
WE WILL REMEMBER

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL

Last edited by Fingers; 08-23-2012 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Date Correction thanks Saxonthegreat
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-22-2012, 12:13 PM
747rick's Avatar
747rick 747rick is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Wrexham, Wales
Posts: 2,824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkTexas View Post
I'd like to see a concert that only has songs from 1991 and later.

It'd be cool if Saxon would do concerts in two parts. The first hour with the old stuff. Have an intermission then and hour of the new stuff. If the old fans had an open mind I know they'd like the new songs. Just give those old fans an hour of the old songs. Don't force them (in their minds) to listen to any new songs. After the intermission they might be open to hearing new songs. Especially if they see rabid fans that know and want the new music. Just a thought.
Brilliant idea, and Andy is also correct in saying that too many superb songs from 1991 onwards are played once or twice and then discarded when a new album comes out. I would very happily watch a whole gig full of 'newer' material from the last 20 years. I know it's a balancing act but you are never going to please everyone anyway!
__________________
THE GOOGLIES HAVE LANDED
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-22-2012, 02:12 PM
Fingers's Avatar
Fingers Fingers is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Angmering
Posts: 3,191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747rick View Post
Brilliant idea, and Andy is also correct in saying that too many superb songs from 1991 onwards are played once or twice and then discarded when a new album comes out. I would very happily watch a whole gig full of 'newer' material from the last 20 years. I know it's a balancing act but you are never going to please everyone anyway!
Yeah so please the anoraks for once
__________________
WE WILL REMEMBER

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-22-2012, 03:01 PM
Inner Sanctum Inner Sanctum is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 6
Default

Maybe we should make a setlist and send it to the management. What would be the best songs and in what order would you like to hear them?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.