Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-19-2010, 04:54 PM
MetalMind's Avatar
MetalMind MetalMind is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Serbia
Posts: 29
Default Into the Labyrinth

Maybe I am late, but since there is no legal distribution in my country, I have to ask my friends from europe buying me CDs. That is the reason why I talk about this album in july 2010.
As people here say: "As older as better"-something like that, this album is just great.
Long live Saxon!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-19-2010, 05:12 PM
MartyWalker MartyWalker is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chillicothe, Ohio
Posts: 547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMind View Post
Maybe I am late, but since there is no legal distribution in my country, I have to ask my friends from europe buying me CDs. That is the reason why I talk about this album in july 2010.
As people here say: "As older as better"-something like that, this album is just great.
Long live Saxon!
I think it's one of the best they ever made. Some songs didn't do it for me the the ones that did like Battalions really took me to another place of music power and ecstacy.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-20-2010, 11:42 AM
J.D.DIAMOND's Avatar
J.D.DIAMOND J.D.DIAMOND is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Seattle Washington,U.S.A.
Posts: 670
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMind View Post
Maybe I am late, but since there is no legal distribution in my country, I have to ask my friends from europe buying me CDs. That is the reason why I talk about this album in july 2010.
As people here say: "As older as better"-something like that, this album is just great.
Long live Saxon!
Everybody's opinons varies as we all know,but for me out of 13 tracks on Into The Labyrinth I like 11 of them. The 2 that I can't get into and enjoy are "Live To Rock" and "Hellcat" .

The other 11 songs are excellent Saxon,this band fucking rules and does not get enough credit. Saxon is so underrated its not even funny.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-20-2010, 02:35 PM
MetalMind's Avatar
MetalMind MetalMind is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Serbia
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D.DIAMOND View Post
Everybody's opinons varies as we all know,but for me out of 13 tracks on Into The Labyrinth I like 11 of them. The 2 that I can't get into and enjoy are "Live To Rock" and "Hellcat" .

The other 11 songs are excellent Saxon,this band fucking rules and does not get enough credit. Saxon is so underrated its not even funny.
Yes, I agree that we all have different opinions, but generally speaking, there is no bad Saxon album. That is, if I may say, great sucess after so many years.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-20-2010, 11:48 PM
J.D.DIAMOND's Avatar
J.D.DIAMOND J.D.DIAMOND is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Seattle Washington,U.S.A.
Posts: 670
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMind View Post
Yes, I agree that we all have different opinions, but generally speaking, there is no bad Saxon album. That is, if I may say, great sucess after so many years.
Well,thats a little to "fanboyish" for my tastes to say that Saxon does not have a bad album but for your maybe so and thats your right to say so.

I belive that Crusader,Innocense Is No Excuse,Rock The Nations,Destiny,Solid Ball Of Rock and Forever Free are the 6 albums from the band's career that are under par and of poor quality music besides a couple of songs from each of those 6 albums.

But the other 12 studio albums are top notch Saxon.....the band's first 5 studio albums and thier last 7 are totally excellent.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-21-2010, 09:41 AM
XRWoody's Avatar
XRWoody XRWoody is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Suffolk
Posts: 949
Default

For me there is only one poor Saxon album and that even has a couple of good points, (Rock The Nations).
Buts its not all about the albums for me, Live is where the real Saxon are at, in my view.
And for the record I absolutely hate the track "Hellcat", what a load of old crap that track is, in my view. But the rest of ITL is brilliant for me.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-21-2010, 01:18 PM
MetalMind's Avatar
MetalMind MetalMind is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Serbia
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D.DIAMOND View Post
Well,thats a little to "fanboyish" for my tastes to say that Saxon does not have a bad album but for your maybe so and thats your right to say so.

I belive that Crusader,Innocense Is No Excuse,Rock The Nations,Destiny,Solid Ball Of Rock and Forever Free are the 6 albums from the band's career that are under par and of poor quality music besides a couple of songs from each of those 6 albums.

But the other 12 studio albums are top notch Saxon.....the band's first 5 studio albums and thier last 7 are totally excellent.
Yeah, maybe you are right. Maybe I have that as you say funboyish (I would say fungirlish if that word exixts) attitude, but still I have my favorites. Maybe Wheels of Steel because first Saxon song I have ever heared is 747.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-21-2010, 08:09 PM
Nightfaery's Avatar
Nightfaery Nightfaery is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 174
Default

I reckon Inner Sanctum is their best album of late.

Into the Labyrinth however is still fantastic! Haven't listened to it lately as I'm still catching up with the 90s albums.

Destiny is probably their worst album. I tend to enjoy it most whilst drunk.
__________________
Death to Mouse Metal! All hail Sir Biff!

I am weird. Take me seriously at your own peril.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-21-2010, 10:35 PM
J.D.DIAMOND's Avatar
J.D.DIAMOND J.D.DIAMOND is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Seattle Washington,U.S.A.
Posts: 670
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfaery View Post
I reckon Inner Sanctum is their best album of late.

Into the Labyrinth however is still fantastic! Haven't listened to it lately as I'm still catching up with the 90s albums.

Destiny is probably their worst album. I tend to enjoy it most whilst drunk.
Thats cool,I rank 2007'sThe Inner Sanctum as Saxon's 2nd best album in the band's career as I belive 2004's Lionheart is the best album by Saxon.

The band's last 7 studio albums dating back to Dogs Of War are thier best even better than thier first 5 studio albums(Saxon - Power & The Glory).There is no wrong answer when posting opinions but yeah I definately like the newer age of Saxon better than the old days "by far".
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-21-2010, 11:49 PM
Sir Lionheart Sir Lionheart is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: England
Posts: 289
Default

The only album from Dogs of War onwards that I struggled with even now is Unleash the Beast, but it's not terrible by any means it's just my nature. One album that was, as Thomas Jenson put it, "Ahead of it's time" was Metalhead and I adore that album. Dogs of War, Metalhead, and from there onwards would be my greatest list of saxon albums since the formation of the current lineup (Obviously losing Graham after D.O.W. had been recorded).
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.