Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2010, 04:54 PM

Default Into the Labyrinth

Maybe I am late, but since there is no legal distribution in my country, I have to ask my friends from europe buying me CDs. That is the reason why I talk about this album in july 2010.
As people here say: "As older as better"-something like that, this album is just great.
Long live Saxon!
Old 07-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMind View Post
Maybe I am late, but since there is no legal distribution in my country, I have to ask my friends from europe buying me CDs. That is the reason why I talk about this album in july 2010.
As people here say: "As older as better"-something like that, this album is just great.
Long live Saxon!
I think it's one of the best they ever made. Some songs didn't do it for me the the ones that did like Battalions really took me to another place of music power and ecstacy.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Long live Saxon!
Everybody's opinons varies as we all know,but for me out of 13 tracks on Into The Labyrinth I like 11 of them. The 2 that I can't get into and enjoy are "Live To Rock" and "Hellcat" .

The other 11 songs are excellent Saxon,this band fucking rules and does not get enough credit. Saxon is so underrated its not even funny.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D.DIAMOND View Post
Everybody's opinons varies as we all know,but for me out of 13 tracks on Into The Labyrinth I like 11 of them. The 2 that I can't get into and enjoy are "Live To Rock" and "Hellcat" .

The other 11 songs are excellent Saxon,this band fucking rules and does not get enough credit. Saxon is so underrated its not even funny.
Yes, I agree that we all have different opinions, but generally speaking, there is no bad Saxon album. That is, if I may say, great sucess after so many years.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Yes, I agree that we all have different opinions, but generally speaking, there is no bad Saxon album. That is, if I may say, great sucess after so many years.
Well,thats a little to "fanboyish" for my tastes to say that Saxon does not have a bad album but for your maybe so and thats your right to say so.

I belive that Crusader,Innocense Is No Excuse,Rock The Nations,Destiny,Solid Ball Of Rock and Forever Free are the 6 albums from the band's career that are under par and of poor quality music besides a couple of songs from each of those 6 albums.

But the other 12 studio albums are top notch Saxon.....the band's first 5 studio albums and thier last 7 are totally excellent.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:41 AM

For me there is only one poor Saxon album and that even has a couple of good points, (Rock The Nations).
Buts its not all about the albums for me, Live is where the real Saxon are at, in my view.
And for the record I absolutely hate the track "Hellcat", what a load of old crap that track is, in my view. But the rest of ITL is brilliant for me.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D.DIAMOND View Post
Well,thats a little to "fanboyish" for my tastes to say that Saxon does not have a bad album but for your maybe so and thats your right to say so.

I belive that Crusader,Innocense Is No Excuse,Rock The Nations,Destiny,Solid Ball Of Rock and Forever Free are the 6 albums from the band's career that are under par and of poor quality music besides a couple of songs from each of those 6 albums.

But the other 12 studio albums are top notch Saxon.....the band's first 5 studio albums and thier last 7 are totally excellent.
Yeah, maybe you are right. Maybe I have that as you say funboyish (I would say fungirlish if that word exixts) attitude, but still I have my favorites. Maybe Wheels of Steel because first Saxon song I have ever heared is 747.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:09 PM

I reckon Inner Sanctum is their best album of late.

Into the Labyrinth however is still fantastic! Haven't listened to it lately as I'm still catching up with the 90s albums.

Destiny is probably their worst album. I tend to enjoy it most whilst drunk.

I am weird. Take me seriously at your own peril.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfaery View Post
I reckon Inner Sanctum is their best album of late.

Into the Labyrinth however is still fantastic! Haven't listened to it lately as I'm still catching up with the 90s albums.

Destiny is probably their worst album. I tend to enjoy it most whilst drunk.
Thats cool,I rank 2007'sThe Inner Sanctum as Saxon's 2nd best album in the band's career as I belive 2004's Lionheart is the best album by Saxon.

The band's last 7 studio albums dating back to Dogs Of War are thier best even better than thier first 5 studio albums(Saxon - Power & The Glory).There is no wrong answer when posting opinions but yeah I definately like the newer age of Saxon better than the old days "by far".
Old 07-21-2010, 11:49 PM

The only album from Dogs of War onwards that I struggled with even now is Unleash the Beast, but it's not terrible by any means it's just my nature. One album that was, as Thomas Jenson put it, "Ahead of it's time" was Metalhead and I adore that album. Dogs of War, Metalhead, and from there onwards would be my greatest list of saxon albums since the formation of the current lineup (Obviously losing Graham after D.O.W. had been recorded).