Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-04-2007, 05:53 PM
matteo matteo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 109
Default saxon official guitar tab

hello all

i'm a big Saxon fan and i'l love to learn play a few of their songs: does anyone have some official guitar tab to share? If i remember correctly a lot of years ago there was an official Eagle has landed guitar book, that of course is out of print.

Alternatively it would be great if some of you fellow Saxon fans would have some trusty Saxon guitar tab and may be would be so kind to give me some explanation if needed

I'm mainly in Saxon first albums (let's say until 1985)

Thanks in advance

Matteo
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-05-2007, 04:15 AM
saxonfan's Avatar
saxonfan saxonfan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Chicago,USA
Posts: 437
Default

there aren't any official tabs,we made some requests on another thread to get some.some forum members tabbed a few songs,but they aren't official.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-05-2007, 11:47 PM
Bosnian Witchfinder's Avatar
Bosnian Witchfinder Bosnian Witchfinder is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo View Post
hello all

i'm a big Saxon fan and i'l love to learn play a few of their songs: does anyone have some official guitar tab to share? If i remember correctly a lot of years ago there was an official Eagle has landed guitar book, that of course is out of print.

Alternatively it would be great if some of you fellow Saxon fans would have some trusty Saxon guitar tab and may be would be so kind to give me some explanation if needed

I'm mainly in Saxon first albums (let's say until 1985)

Thanks in advance

Matteo
just tell me what you need and ill see if i can help you out
__________________
new band! www.myspace.com/primitaiofficial
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-08-2007, 12:25 PM
matteo matteo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 109
Default

hi mate

first of all thanks for your kind help. Here are a few songs that i'd love to learn:

747
wheels of steel
suzie hold on
strong arm of the law
princess of the night
denim and leather

of course any of them would be great. If possible it would be a great help if with the tab it would be included some rhythmic explanation for the riffs (or at least the different measures)

cheers and thanks in advance

Matteo
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-08-2007, 06:24 PM
Bosnian Witchfinder's Avatar
Bosnian Witchfinder Bosnian Witchfinder is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo View Post
hi mate

first of all thanks for your kind help. Here are a few songs that i'd love to learn:

747
wheels of steel
suzie hold on
strong arm of the law
princess of the night
denim and leather

of course any of them would be great. If possible it would be a great help if with the tab it would be included some rhythmic explanation for the riffs (or at least the different measures)

cheers and thanks in advance

Matteo
www.ultimate-guitar.com

this website should have them all
__________________
new band! www.myspace.com/primitaiofficial
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-09-2007, 10:07 AM
matteo matteo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 109
Default

hi mate

thanks fort the site. I need a bit of help: since i do not have guitar pro (which i cannot download it having computer access only at work), would you be so kind to download a few files and (if it is possible) convert them in word files and send then to me by mail?

in this case my mail-address is

mzambarda@katamail.com


Otherwise, if this is too much (and I guess it is), I'd study some regular tab and then maybe pose you some questions

Thanks in advance

Matteo

p.s. by the way i figured out 747 verse but I'm not sure about the chorus:any help?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-10-2007, 04:57 PM
Holypanzer Holypanzer is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Norway
Posts: 22
Send a message via MSN to Holypanzer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnian Witchfinder View Post
www.ultimate-guitar.com

this website should have them all
All but "Suzie Hold On"
__________________
Saxon
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-15-2007, 12:19 AM
Nobby Nobby is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: N.E London
Posts: 182
Thumbs up

I got one !!!
I got it at the last Astoria gig.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-16-2007, 01:03 PM
matteo matteo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 109
Default

what? have you got a Suzie hold on tab or do you saw them playin it live?

Well after some tab studing, I can pose some specific question:

a) 747: I've got the verse down, but in the chorus does the rhyhthm guitar change chord every two measures?
b) denim and leather: the verse is easy but which is the right chord progression for the chorus? because the tab I've found is not very clear?
c) sixth form girls: ok the chorus the ryhthm guitar plays only sustained chords (i guess on the 4 and beat, must check) but what about the following riff? Ok that is only D and E but which is the right progression, expressed in measures?
d) suzie hold on: it seems quite easy but i'd need a tab

thanks in adavance for any help

Matteo
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-17-2007, 12:20 AM
Nobby Nobby is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: N.E London
Posts: 182
Default

Ig got one at the last astoria gig,was one of Nibbs
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.