Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2010, 02:33 PM

Default saxon set list from download

does any one know saxon setlist from download, i know the band played the wheels of steel album in full but what else, read metal hammer website but they dont give the set lists,
Old 06-14-2010, 02:35 PM

here's a review from Metal hammer but no setlist

Saxon
It feels like Saxon have played every festival, awards show and public holiday since 2006, when their profile went relatively stratospheric after their Harvey Goldsmith TV show. That said I wouldn’t want to be implying that this was anything other than belated justice done. The band repeatedly smashed it at Hard Rock Hell, Sonisphere, Download and their own shows throughout the UK. The band offer what their bigger peers can now no longer offer – intimacy. You can’t see Iron Maiden or Judas Priest at The Astoria (actually, you can’t see anyone there now!). The band also offer something innately ‘metal’, they are the underdogs. And we always root for the underdog, don’t we?

But the band seemed in danger of slaying the golden goose and over exposing themselves in the UK (different to exposing yourself in the UK). Oh, just me then. You can try and ignore Saxon on stage or tune out their music but it’s then that you realise how much they really deserve out attention, love and respect.
Don’t tell Biff, but I was casually milling about on the outskirts of the crowd at mainstage trying to meet up with my mrs – Saxon thundering away behind me. A few texts exchanged I found myself drawn to the stage and not really concentrating on my SMS discussion.

“We’ve got time for one more!” shouts frontman Biff Byford for the second – or is it third – time. The crowd laugh and cheer as they launch into ‘Denim And Leather’ and without looking the band sound like young furtive souls with something still to prove – the guitar work is cocksure and urgent as Paul Quinn and Dougie trade solos, all punctuating Biff’s seemingly ceiling-less confidence and might as a singer and frontman.
What a truly great heavy metal band. We should be proud not in a patronising ‘thanks for the memories’ kinda way, but in the way that says, ‘I hope I slay like you when I have 3ft long white hair’.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrider View Post
here's a review from Metal hammer but no setlist

Saxon
It feels like Saxon have played every festival, awards show and public holiday since 2006, when their profile went relatively stratospheric after their Harvey Goldsmith TV show. That said I wouldn’t want to be implying that this was anything other than belated justice done. The band repeatedly smashed it at Hard Rock Hell, Sonisphere, Download and their own shows throughout the UK. The band offer what their bigger peers can now no longer offer – intimacy. You can’t see Iron Maiden or Judas Priest at The Astoria (actually, you can’t see anyone there now!). The band also offer something innately ‘metal’, they are the underdogs. And we always root for the underdog, don’t we?

But the band seemed in danger of slaying the golden goose and over exposing themselves in the UK (different to exposing yourself in the UK). Oh, just me then. You can try and ignore Saxon on stage or tune out their music but it’s then that you realise how much they really deserve out attention, love and respect.
Don’t tell Biff, but I was casually milling about on the outskirts of the crowd at mainstage trying to meet up with my mrs – Saxon thundering away behind me. A few texts exchanged I found myself drawn to the stage and not really concentrating on my SMS discussion.

“We’ve got time for one more!” shouts frontman Biff Byford for the second – or is it third – time. The crowd laugh and cheer as they launch into ‘Denim And Leather’ and without looking the band sound like young furtive souls with something still to prove – the guitar work is cocksure and urgent as Paul Quinn and Dougie trade solos, all punctuating Biff’s seemingly ceiling-less confidence and might as a singer and frontman.
What a truly great heavy metal band. We should be proud not in a patronising ‘thanks for the memories’ kinda way, but in the way that says, ‘I hope I slay like you when I have 3ft long white hair’.
spot on. You know, the Harvey Doc itself was a bit of a joke, but its kicked off such a big comeback for Saxon in the UK I think it was worth in the end.

Playing Mainstage at Download is the icing on the cake, when I first got into Saxon in 2004 , its seemed almost impossible
Old 06-14-2010, 03:47 PM

Default saxon set list

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon 1967 View Post
does any one know saxon setlist from download, i know the band played the wheels of steel album in full but what else, read metal hammer website but they dont give the set lists,
played 12 songs, all wheels of steel plus princess of the night and the bands played on and denim and leather, found when i put saxon download set list in the search engine.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:42 PM

Just thought I'd pop my head in and give you a quick Download review.

As someone who has been watching Saxon for over 20 years now (I missed most of the eighties as I was too young!) it was a complete joy to see Saxon playing to about 60,000 people in the UK and getting cheered all the way. The band looked like they really enjoyed themselves, got a fantastic reception and played longer than they should have making the rest of the day run late!
Biff was on top form getting the place jumping and singing along during Wheels of Steel, and even asking for the quid back he lost while watching AC/DC on the Friday with his kids.
The set list was...

1. Motorcycle Man
2. Stand Up And Be Counted
3. 747 (Strangers In The Night)
4. Freeway Mad
5. See The Light Shining
6. Street Fighting Gang
7. Suzie Hold On
8. Machine Gun
9. Wheels Of Steel (Complete with old school split the crowd sing back)
10. And the Bands played on
11. Princess of the Night
12. Denim and Leather

A complete triumph for our boys!

.....first doctor, can I see the back of your neck, waaaarrrggghhh!!!
Old 06-14-2010, 09:18 PM

An incredible set list!
Old 06-14-2010, 10:44 PM

Bloody great show. Great to see the guys on the mainstage again.

"And the Bands Played on" Live Download fest 2010 ;-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqr_4exDmCI