Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2009, 01:54 AM

Default Biff Byford Interview Question Suggestions!

Interviewing Biff later this week.

Anything you'd like to see him answer?

Old 01-14-2009, 02:10 AM

I would like to see you ask him how many shows they plan on doing in the U.S. this year. are they going to be touring with anyone? can I get a picture with him
Old 01-14-2009, 03:19 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Janet

I would like to know why the packaging of new releases is different depending on the country. The US release of Into the Labyrinth does not include the DVD. I could order an import but the DVD is in PAL format and I need NTSC. So does the US never get to see this DVD? I feel cheated.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:28 PM

How many kilo's did Biff loose previous year? ( I saw his foto in the booklet of Into Labyrinth and I he looked like the kilo's have melted as ice before the sun.., mainly in the face.. Is he on diet? (or am I the only one that noticed it? Or am I just asking a silly question?)
Old 01-15-2009, 12:13 AM

Yes, silly question. Maybe Photoshop had something to do with it? Or the young girls? In any way, that's Biff's private life.

I would ask Biff how can they (Saxon) let these new numerous remastered CD editions of their early 80's albums be made and sold as official releases during the last 10 years, with poor sound, often changing the sonic character of the original record?
And then I would continue on to the next logical question about the same sort of problem: why are they (Saxon) conforming to this utterly stupid fashion in the last 10 years, which manifests in ever increasing loudness in mastering the sound of the final album, which results in reducing the dynamic range of that sound, and thus really KILLING the soul of the songs?

Maybe techno music can stand that, but the music form the bands like Iron Maiden, Dio and Saxon, during the last 10-14 years, suffers horribly from that practice, which is often dictated by record labels. There are some artists who don't agree to have their effort being butchered in the last stage of production, and I would love to see all rock/metal bands show middle finger to music industry managers who push that "loudness war". Rockers are rebels? Because of long hair? Nonsense. Stand up for the true (artistic) values against the beast called Music Business and help Quality come back. Or soon people won't know any more how music sounds, there would be "no definition of nothing, no vocal, no nothing, just like - static" (Bob Dylan).
Old 01-15-2009, 12:17 AM

I'd like to know (this has always intrigued me), what is the first line of Midas Touch referring to? I obviously know the legend of King Midas, but not sure what the reference in the first line is.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:37 AM

i would like to know if we will be getting the whole of the shepherds bush st georges day show from london 2008 on dvd (that show was amazing just everything about it , i hope it comes out soon too, and not just clips of it in the new saxon documentary due out soon .
Old 01-15-2009, 10:27 AM

Will there be any footage of the Download festival performance on the upcoming documentary film?
Old 01-15-2009, 06:38 PM

how many records have Saxon sold in their career? and how many copies did each album sell?

Thanks

Matteo
Old 01-16-2009, 10:16 AM

Send a message via MSN to Nick_the_VII_Saxon

Quote:
Originally Posted by never surrender View Post
i would like to know if we will be getting the whole of the shepherds bush st georges day show from london 2008 on dvd (that show was amazing just everything about it , i hope it comes out soon too, and not just clips of it in the new saxon documentary due out soon .

right
and why not Saxon England Day 2008 thern 2009 then 2010...

nick_saxon@hotmail.fr