Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2008, 03:27 PM

Default Saxon at Rock Radio bash

Seems Saxon will be doing the Rock radio 2nd birthday bash in Glasgow on 8th January

http://www.rockradioscotland.co.uk/r..._2nd_birthday/

...or is it a case of incorrect advertising?
Old 01-02-2009, 02:06 PM

They are advertising it on air with Saxon headlining and I've booked tickets so they'd better be playing! They were meant to play it last year but pulled out due to recording commitments apparently.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:03 AM

Yeah, heading off to it tonight. Can't wait, first Saxon gig of the year. Could be seeing them another 3 times this year.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:01 AM

Can anyone tell us how the show went?
Old 01-09-2009, 02:08 PM

The whole night was great, but when Saxon came on the place went nuts. Fired through some classics aswell as a couple of new ones. I'll post in more detail later or that. Got to head off to the dentist =[ haha.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazzaScotland View Post
The whole night was great, but when Saxon came on the place went nuts. Fired through some classics aswell as a couple of new ones. I'll post in more detail later or that. Got to head off to the dentist =[ haha.
Great to hear that. Still find it strange that the official Saxon site never listed the show....well,at least the dedicated Saxon fans route out the info
Old 01-09-2009, 08:39 PM

Brilliant night. Saxon - short and sweet! As Biff said last night, a no pressure gig so it was fun. Only few songs and they did it for free. They were the band of the night and went down a storm. Will let Gazza fill you in on the detail as I'm too tired after my late night. As for Waysted...what can I say, never laughed so much in a long time, but fab!

For anybody interested, the gig will be played on Rock Radio soon. Link to the site is:
http://www.rockradioscotland.co.uk/r...2nd_birthday_/ The site will probably be updated with more soon, so far only one Saxon photo of Doug. Btw, Willie & Billy from the Morning Show have a link from their blog to this very thread, so if you're reading guys - hows the heids and thanks for a great night!

Last edited by Salsa; 01-09-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:02 PM

How near the front were your Salsa? Did you see when both the memebers of Waysted got pulled down off the stage? The lassie who done it was annoying the hell out of me all night haha.

But anyways, Saxon came out with Live To Rock which was to be expected, and then played Motorcycle Man. Biff then decided to rip the setlist up and ask the crowd what we wanted. This is when the ordering might get a little bit messy. Thing we had, Wheels of Steel, Let Me Feel Your Power, To Hell and Back Again, And The Bands Played On and Princess of the night. They then went offstage for a bit and then came back and played 747.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsa View Post
The site will probably be updated with more soon, so far only one Saxon photo of Doug.
Which should not have been on there as those photos were supplied to 96.3 Rock Radio for press use only and they got the photos in this post for temporary website use! They have been asked to remove them!

The photos for the website will be delivered to Rock Radio on Monday afternoon so the proper photos should appear shortly after that!

Thomas has also added the photos below to the blog on the main Saxon site!

There are also a few 360 degree shots of the band and the crowd which will hopefully be ready later in the week and will appear with the rest of the shots on a special Saxon page on the MusicPro website.

As the gig was a charity do for Nordoff-Robbins feel free to use any of the following photos on any other websites as long as you let me know and don't crop or edit them in any way.

http://www.musicpro.co.uk

Elevation360 - 360 Degree Spherical Panoramic Photography

http://www.elevation360.com
Old 01-10-2009, 09:21 PM

Brilliant photos, look forward to seeing the rest of them. Had a quick look on your site and the panoramic ones of Gun are great too.

Gazza, I was in the middle. I thought only Pete fell off the stage I didnt realise someone had pulled them both off, what an idiot! Looking forward to 28 April!