Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2007, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrider View Post
Just seen this on blabbermouth,looks like a Aussie tour is planned.

BLACK MAJESTY has just been announced as one of the opening acts to the upcoming SAXON Australian tour where they will support the band on Wednesday, October 24 at the Forum in Sydney and Thursday, October 25 at the HiFi Bar in Melbourne.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Saxon-The-Inner-...QQcmdZViewItem
saw the on ebay
Old 10-05-2007, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim 747 sykes View Post
i dont think they have any plans at the moment , but you never know , by way of conversation im going to see one of your areas finest rock exports y&t in a few weeks
I saw Y&T at the Catalyst here in Santa Cruz at the Catalyst a few months back. The put on a great show, they usually play around here 3-4 times a year since they are a local band. Dave Meneketti hasn't lost it at all.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim 747 sykes View Post
i dont think they have any plans at the moment , but you never know , by way of conversation im going to see one of your areas finest rock exports y&t in a few weeks

I happened to see Y&T in a small club just 3 miles from my house and they kicked ass!

I'm sure you'll enjoy the show and the band are a bunch of nmice blokes too \m/ please let us know how the gig went.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:43 PM

no problems goose , going to see them twice on there upcoming tour ....one when im drinking , the other when im driving so i will get both kind of experiences , that said i saw them on there last tour and also at graspop 2006 and as support for rainbow in 1981 as yesterday and today , i am looking forward to the next few months , with y&t wasp heaven and hell , thunder all touring within a 4 weeks spell , then there is the little matter of flying to germany to see saxon , wasp , doro , udo , primal scream , get xmas over and done with and its back to germany for helloween , gamma ray and axxis .... phew draw a breath then its graspop 2008 , wacken 2008 and maybe bang your head festival to see saxon .... busy times my friend
Old 11-05-2007, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
Worryingly I heard at snippet of a story on the radio the other week, suggesting that the US are turning down visa's for musicians if they are not deemed "famous" enough !
I hate to say it, but the way things are now, I wouldn't put it past our government to do something like that. After all, if it's not some "safe," major label and MTV-approved flavor of the week, the band might be terrorists! Especially with that big, freightening "S" logo! But seriously, I have heard numerous metal bands (particularly from Europe) saying they have had all kinds of problems getting over here. I've even heard rumors of US officials seeking bribe money in order to let them in.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastv8 View Post
If they say they are coming I will roll the dice one more time and take some vacation to try to see them. They got me last time for a week with the visa thing two years ago. I just hope when they do make it over they come to Ohio.
Agreed ! I am a fellow Ohioan myself. From Columbus. And yes the football game today sucked !