Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2009, 02:48 AM

Default crap journalism

the scottish edition of the news of the world has a pull out section looking at the week aheads gigs.heres what they said about saxon at the abc this tuesday.saxon founder members graham oliver and steve dawson perform the iconic hits alongside their new band.doro provide support. how can they be so incompetant?
Old 04-27-2009, 11:36 AM

Shitty people work for news sector. There's just a good point: they talked about an heavy metal band! In Italy it is almost impossible...
Old 04-27-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manticore View Post
the scottish edition of the news of the world has a pull out section looking at the week aheads gigs.heres what they said about saxon at the abc this tuesday.saxon founder members graham oliver and steve dawson perform the iconic hits alongside their new band.doro provide support. how can they be so incompetant?
Why am I not surprised!
Old 04-28-2009, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manticore View Post

hi mate

i'm not surprised, i don't know about Scotland but here in Italy the music news in newspapers are written by some of the worst journalists around, people who are not able to discerne an hip-hop shuffle from a punk song! Only greater newspaper feautures real musical experts but even these ones are usually non interested in metal so that their specific metal knowledge is near to zero and when they are obliged to deal with a metal band, their rewiews areutterly incompetent. I know for sure that in my hometown the music news are not written by the journalist who signs the article but are simply copied by some press release or, in case of live gigs, rewiews directly written by the band (if it is a local one) or by some friend of the journalist (it it is an international gig) who sometimes is not even present at the gig!

cheers

Matteo
Old 04-28-2009, 08:10 PM

Over here in the US (I'm just speaking on behalf of myself here in Michigan) the only time I even hear about Saxon is if I take a 30 minute ride to Borders Book's and pick up a Metal Hammer mag or check this site.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:01 AM

No surprise at all. There are people in jobs they really shouldn't be in.

Loot at the last Record Collector reviews - given to a writer who has openly said he dislikes the band, and he says that after 1986 the band were watered down. Made me want to laugh and cry at the same time.

Joe