Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Smalltalk & Spam
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionessheart View Post
Rumour has it that there was a massive falling out with Rob over money. Allegedly Rob demanded 50% of the band's income. I can't see it being over a new album, the band was concentrating on the EPITAPH tour.
I'l stick to Stained Class .
I find that hard to believe of such long standing band members, but having said that,if they have their own personal agents sticking their oar in, who knows? There must be all kinds of contracts and legal stuff when playing in this league, they effectually become a business and not just a band.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:11 PM

as much as i love judas priest if thats true of it being a money thing that is utter shite way to carry on, i dont beileve rob halford deserves anymore than kk, its a pity it had to come to this.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:54 AM

All round it's a terrible shame that it has happened especially as this is supposedly the bands last tour. Unfortunately it's not the first time there has been a falling out in a band and it wont be the last. It's just the timing that makes this more of a shock. I'm still looking forward to seeing them at High Voltage although it wont be quite the same. At the end of the day I'm just glad it wasn't illness that caused KK to quit.

As for Ripper replacing Rob I think he did a great job, I know he wasn't everyone's cup of tea but The Jugulator album was very good and I remember seeing them on that tour and thinking what a great voice he had. I also think he was treated pretty badly when Rob decided to come back but what you've always got to remember is that money talks, unfortunately, and if that is the reason the band have fallen out this time there was only ever going to be one winner.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:54 PM

Owens is a great singer. Saw him with iced earth a year or two ago and have the albums he made with them. He seems to move from band to band though and is hard to keep track of. I think he'd get wider recognition if he just made his mark with his own band maybe. It's got to be hard being the new singer in established bands.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747rick View Post
As for Ripper replacing Rob I think he did a great job, I know he wasn't everyone's cup of tea but The Jugulator album was very good and I remember seeing them on that tour and thinking what a great voice he had.
He has what I describe as an effortless voice. He doesn't seem to have to try too hard.

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL
Old 04-28-2011, 11:11 AM

I can give a ratts asas if K.K. is on the next album or not at this point in time,the band has starved us from a proper metal album for far too long.

And yes I would rather have Richie Faulkner replacing K.K. on one last killer metal album than to have no new album at all....whats the worst that can happen....can the new album really turn out more lame than Nostradamus? Pffffffft please,no way in hell.

Rob and Glenn are not letting Priest end on Nostradamus,they know there are long time fans like me(30 year fan...1981-2011) who want one last real metal monster of a Judas Priest album,and if the sound is "altered" without K.K. then so be it as long as the album and sound..ect..is kick ass.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:09 PM

You wouldn't think they'd want Nostradamus to be their final statement to the rock world.Neither would we.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Owens is a great singer. Saw him with iced earth a year or two ago and have the albums he made with them. He seems to move from band to band though and is hard to keep track of. I think he'd get wider recognition if he just made his mark with his own band maybe. It's got to be hard being the new singer in established bands.
I think he was treated badly in Iced Earth as well, ironic considering that Matt Barlow is leaving them AGAIN. He doesn't seem to have much luck. Have his solo album and I see he's now going to do the Dio Disciples Tour which could be very interesting.

I also agree totally with Fingers. He does have an effortless voice, and going back to Priest (I know I'll be shot down in flames for this) but he managed to hit a lot of notes Rob cannot manage anymore!!
Old 04-29-2011, 11:00 AM

In the absence of Halford, I don't think JP could have found a better replacement. I think much of the time, the ability of a performer is often over looked when they replace the personality we've got used to, especially a singer. whether they're as good as, better or worse, they are still different. Look at the Black Sabbath Ozzy, vs Dio debate . The same goes for guitarists of long standing too.

I reckon Ripper will do a great job with the disciples tour, but again he's going to be a stand in and will be no doubt compared to Dio.

Mind you, the fact he's been asked fill the place of some of the best singers there's ever been tells it's own story.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:26 PM

[QUOTE=Rik;35326]In the absence of Halford, I don't think JP could have found a better replacement.

Perhaps not in 1997 but too bad they couldn't of got this guy...Roberto Savegnago from Italy from a unsigned band named Redeemer....

In the 30 years I've been into Priest I have NEVER heard a cover song of Priest's as good as this,the vocals are absolutely incredible. He posted this on the Priest forum about 2 years ago,holy shit this guy is better than Ripper Owens and would of sounded better in Priest!!!

Check it out! Listen to his pipes at the 2:33 mark...holy F#$% this guy is good!! http://youtu.be/gtOFsHa108k