YES 0 0%
NO 7 100.00%
MAYBE 0 0%
DON'T KNOW 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2011, 11:47 PM
Banned

Thumbs down Paul Dianno's remarks

Hey Saxon friends. The other day someone added a url to watch Iron Maiden's former singer Paul DiAnno's interview.

They got to the part about Saxon , and that Saxon was a part of Iron Maiden's push of leading the NWOBHM bands at the time and Paul, said that Saxon was just a hard rock band, pretty good but they rode on the backs of Maiden .

This piss's me off like WTF, why even say this now after 40 years past. I always new that Saxon lead the way with they're first couple of albums while by the third Maiden Album DiAnno was gone. This guy just lost a fan because of his statements. Why do freaking losers try to change the perception of the history, the events and the mindset of those days.

Maybe it's not important to you and I ask if you really haven't followed Saxon until the last ten years or so ago- to go back in time and read the truth of how it was. Sure Maiden was good and so was Saxon.

You see no matter what certain people will say I have followed Saxon since those days and I love that time in Saxons history. I also deeply love todays Saxon so much. I won't be forced into liking one over the other. If I had to choose which one I like better it would be the newer boys. After seeing Doug play his guitar with such skill and badassness and Nibbs powerfully thumping his bass. Could anyone better have taken over. NO. I'm sorry for the reasons why hard times come one the band. It's called growth.

For that day I read that Paul DiAnno interview the drug addict can suck on piss. Have you read it. Did you get pissed too. If not I wonder about your love of Saxon. They lead the way, and they've never rode on no one's coatails to get anywhere. I've search the forum for whoever put the you tuble url up but I thank you. LONG LIVE SAXON !!!

Last edited by MartyWalker; 11-04-2011 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Mistake
Old 11-05-2011, 06:33 PM

What better reason for Iron Maiden to distance themselves from Di'anno, he has turned from awesome frontman to a walking joke.

I liked Maiden's first two albums with Di'anno, but that was him then, him now he has sold away all royalties for short term gain, then cheated the taxpayer and now is serving time for his deeds

BUT

Why should we take him seriously - I mean these are words from one man and does not represent Saxon's rise, he has payed for his folly with drugs by being kicked out of Maiden, payed by selling his royalties off and is paying for cheating the benefits system.

Perhaps we should take no notice of his words

Saxon is not just a Hard Rock band as Di'anno has stated, they embody what is NWOBHM, heavy, speedy, punky metal with fantastic vocals and brilliant band members - and so is Iron Maiden, the band that got me into this sort of music in the first place (and I would defiantly love to see a joint Saxon-Iron Maiden tour with perhaps a joint song being written)

Stalk me on LastFM
Old 11-06-2011, 10:32 PM

Paul Di "Anno is just talking 'shit" because he is jealous of Saxon's success as he is of current Maiden's success as well while he is playing bar crowds at best.

Yes Saxon are a hard rock band but he didn't mention they are also a traditional british heavy metal band too as Biff has said all along. Maiden didn't really become more popular than Saxon untill Paul left the band and Bruce came in so fuck off to Paul!
Old 11-07-2011, 04:06 AM

I agree dianno is a fucking idiot, SAXON were much bigger than maiden for a few years so he hasnt a clue what hes talking about, he obviously got serious brain weasles, now a maiden /saxon tour would be amazing but i doubt it will happen again and a song written by both bands together that would be something too but chances of that look slim .

Tags
paul dianno, saxon nwobhm