Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Tickets / Merch
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJK View Post
Apologies for getting on my high horse about this but, as you may gather, it's something that bugs me. And has done for years!
I can understand entirely why it bugs you. To a certain extent it does me as well even though I'm from England. It also annoys me when people see our flag and call it a Union Jack.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747rick View Post
I can understand entirely why it bugs you. To a certain extent it does me as well even though I'm from England. It also annoys me when people see our flag and call it a Union Jack.
Agreed, its pretty ignorant. I also get very annoyed about the union flag being called the union jack, unfortunately when I checked up on it I found you CAN legitimately call it a union jack these days (being a scout leader and a pedantic sod to boot I had to check)....................sigh

Heid

PS - we haven't said DYB DYB DYB for 40 yrs+ before anyone starts!
Old 12-17-2011, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJK View Post
Other than cost issues then it wouldn't have been too difficult to do a limited edition run of Union Flag shirts with "Scotland" and "Northern Ireland" on them.

Apologies for getting on my high horse about this but, as you may gather, it's something that bugs me. And has done for years!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heid View Post
Agreed, its pretty ignorant. I also get very annoyed about the union flag being called the union jack, unfortunately when I checked up on it I found you CAN legitimately call it a union jack these days (being a scout leader and a pedantic sod to boot I had to check)....................sigh

Heid

PS - we haven't said DYB DYB DYB for 40 yrs+ before anyone starts!
My wife is a brownie and scout (beaver) leader and she gets up in arms when it's called the Union Jack. Like everything nowadays, I suppose rather than correct anyone it's just accepted into the language without a second thought. It's the easy way out as usual. 'Somethink' will be in the dictionary soon enough I expect!!
Old 12-17-2011, 01:01 PM

It ended up easily sorted i bought the Spain one and also the 1st album baseball jersey. HAPPY DAYS
Old 12-17-2011, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747rick View Post
My wife is a brownie and scout (beaver) leader and she gets up in arms when it's called the Union Jack. Like everything nowadays, I suppose rather than correct anyone it's just accepted into the language without a second thought. It's the easy way out as usual. 'Somethink' will be in the dictionary soon enough I expect!!
Its worse than it just being accepted into the language - it was made official in 1908

http://www.flaginstitute.org/index.php?location=7.2