Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Smalltalk & Spam
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2011, 12:15 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Yaroslav Send a message via MSN to Yaroslav Send a message via Skype™ to Yaroslav

One of my favourite band. Like Saxon Priest is a classic British Heavy Metal .
Metal Works and British Steel 30th Anniversary Edition are my favorite.
Painkiller http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM__lPTWThU
Old 01-31-2011, 07:11 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Schämsz

Iam curisously about W:O:A 2011. First time i see JP. I am a bit sad that i never had use the opoturnity to see them

The Drummer has Landed
Old 02-03-2011, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schämsz View Post
Iam curisously about W:O:A 2011. First time i see JP. I am a bit sad that i never had use the opoturnity to see them
enjoy show that won't you. that'll be something special.....
Old 05-13-2011, 11:23 PM

Hell yeah!! New interview with Rob Halford!!!!

On whether the next PRIEST studio album will be similar to the band's last CD, "Nostradamus" (2008), or if it will be a return to a classic PRIEST album format along the lines of "Angel Of Retribution" (2005):

Halford: "Well, I can tell you that it's gonna be a very strong, powerful, solid heavy metal album with all of the famous things people love about PRIEST — all the big sledgehammer heavy metal riffs from Birmingham and the screaming vocals. And it's just a very straightforward record as far as looking at our past and all of the wonderful things that we've done in heavy metal — from 'British Steel' to 'Painkiller' to 'Sad Wings Of Destiny'.

We've got this wonderful heritage in our music, so I think we're just letting our heart lead us on this record. It's not as complicated or as complex in the arrangements as 'Nostradamus' was and I think we always felt that it would have been wrong to finish the recording side of PRIEST with 'Nostradamus'; we felt it was very important to kind of re-focus and put the metal in its place that we're most famous for, and I think that's what we're gonna do with this new record.

It's coming out next year. It's almost completed. A lot of the songs have been already written, not fully recorded, but all of the arrangements have been made. That's the time-consuming part — the actual writing of the songs and then getting the arrangements right and all the pieces into place.

And then when you go in the studio, the studio is generally a pretty straightforward operation. But we're excited, yeah. It's kind of unusual, isn't it?! 'Cause it's farewell, but it's full of new things; we have a new show, new costumes, new setlist and that's we've always tried to do for our fans and for ourselves — to make every tour special, and that's definitely the case with this one."

This news is fuckin awsome!!! Nostradamus was K.K.'s baby,his creations,his idea and his arrangements,yes its a "band effort" but it was mainly K.K.'s album,and with him leaving the band it makes us wonder that he may have wanted to keep going with a Nostradamus type of an album and perhaps Rob and Glenn wanted to make another text book british heavy metal album!!!

Who knows but one thing is for sure this next album will kick major ass,no it will not beat Sad Wings Of Destiny,no it will not top British Steel or Painkiller,but does it have to beat them to be a kick ass album? Not in my eyes and I can't freaking wait to hear it!!!!
Old 05-14-2011, 12:29 AM

Always got to look forward to a new Priest album.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schämsz View Post
While an evening with Priest is great, I always found they played too fast through their songs, and Rob had the audience sing most of the words. I'm sure I may be wrong but it just seemed that way. I don't feel like getting put down so I'll tell you they were awesome live. Just some songs were rushed. I saw them 4 times.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:40 PM

j.d. diamond it's nice to see you excited about priest again.
So grey is the face of every mortal
Old 05-15-2011, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innuendo View Post
j.d. diamond it's nice to see you excited about priest again.
innuendo,yeah I'm still bummed out tht K.K. has left the band,but he doesn't want to be a part of Judas Priest anymore.

And if he stays then it will be fake,so I'm glad he quit because I'm a fan that wants the band to continue,sure the new album without K.K. won't beat Sad Wings Of Destiny,Stained Class,British Steel,Screaming For Vengeance,Defenders or Painkiller but it might beat the rest of thier discography,to me it doesn't have to beat those albums to be kick ass.

Rob mentioning the album will be sludge hammer Birmingham riffs and a straightforward heavy metal album is so inspireing to me,this album will definately crush the Ripper albums without Rob.

I'm sure this new album won't have K.K.'s signature riffs on it but I'm sure it will still be awsome. Fans of Saxon were worried when Graham Oliver left but look what we got with Doug?

Maybe Richie Faulkner may not be better than K.K. but this still may stun alot of people I'm hoping.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:11 AM

Sorry to revive this thread but this page caught my eye

Stalk me on LastFM
Old 06-28-2011, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Hawke View Post
Sorry to revive this thread but this page caught my eye
I've seen quite a few comments from the band recently that suggest they will continue but just not with long tours. All a bit confusing, but hey, they are managing to keep their name in the spotlight with all the talk. I'm a cynical so and so sometimes

Still looking forward to seeing them next month, their setlist at Sweden Rocks looked very interesting but why, after seeing photos, are they trying to make Richie Faulkner look so much like K.K !!!