Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2010, 10:41 AM

Do we know if it was actually shipped yesterday?
Old 05-18-2010, 12:20 PM

New release date 24 may.
http://www.townsend-records.co.uk/pr...003605&pType=1
Old 05-18-2010, 02:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to Live to rock 747

Dear Associate Producers,

The discs have not yet arrived in Britain. The manufacturing company tell us they had to use four days from the middle of the production schedule to ‘install new equipment in the production line.’

Yet another unavoidable delay to add to the other unavoidable delays! I’m sure you’re used to them by now!

They have now promised to deliver them to us on the 20th instead.

Townsend Records, who are distributing the discs, say they will do their utmost to get them all sent out by the close of play on Friday (assuming they arrive on time).

However, the official release date (needed for the charts company) will now be pushed back to the 24th May (although all of you who’ve pre-ordered should have them by then).

Again, sincere apologies to you all, and thanks again for your patience.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:13 PM

Hi All,

Just to confirm, have had a conversation with Coolhead today, and can confirm the basis of the previous posting is correct.

All being well, discs will be in the UK by this Thursday, and Coolhead have then sorted distribution by another company who will start to process of sending them out with a view to all discs being sent by Friday latest ( obviously for those waiting overseas, it will take a bit longer to arrive, but they will at least be on their way ).

I am sure that again, we thank Coolhead for keeping us all in the loop with what is happening.

Not long to go now.

Cheers
Old 05-19-2010, 07:52 PM

What a class act. I'm personally willing to ignore any delays, but at least they've been open enough to tell us exactly what has been happening (Even if it wasn't great news).

Still looking forward to this, gonna be suh-weeeet
Old 05-20-2010, 12:31 PM

Default Aaaarrrrggghhhhh!!!!!!!

I've just been in direct contact with the manufacturers of the DVDs who tell me that they will not now arrive in Britain until June 1st. They tell me the delay is partly due to national holidays in the middle of the production process and the installation of new machinery on the production line which needed maintenance.
I'm really sorry guys - I know you've all been waiting for this for ages now: so have I!
One thing I should point out is that these delays happen with almost every DVD production. The difference is that the major labels don't usually announce a release date until the manufacturing is complete and so you don't hear about the delays. Unfortunately we couldn't do that as our only way of financing the film was with preorders. As a result, all of our delays have been very public ones. It's not because we are unprofessional - or Saxon or the manufacturers, for that matter. It's just the way it goes, I'm afraid. All we can do is apologise sincerely (and tear our hair out with frustration!).
So.... The discs should now be arriving with you throughout the rest of that week, and the release date will probably be officially set as June 7th, allowing it to register on the UK charts.
You heard it first here on the Forum. I'll send a mailing list message around ASAP to all those who've pre-ordered.
Cheers,
Coolhead
Old 05-20-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live to rock 747 View Post

They have now promised to deliver them to us on the 20th instead.

Townsend Records, who are distributing the discs, say they will do their utmost to get them all sent out by the close of play on Friday (assuming they arrive on time).

However, the official release date (needed for the charts company) will now be pushed back to the 24th May (although all of you who’ve pre-ordered should have them by then).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhead View Post

I've just been in direct contact with the manufacturers of the DVDs who tell me that they will not now arrive in Britain until June 1st. They tell me the delay is partly due to national holidays in the middle of the production process and the installation of new machinery on the production line which needed maintenance.

overnight holidays

Last edited by northernlady; 07-03-2018 at 03:39 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:34 PM

Default Thanks for teh info.

Quote:
I'm really sorry guys - I know you've all been waiting for this for ages now: so have I!
One thing I should point out is that these delays happen with almost every DVD production. The difference is that the major labels don't usually announce a release date until the manufacturing is complete and so you don't hear about the delays. Unfortunately we couldn't do that as our only way of financing the film was with preorders. As a result, all of our delays have been very public ones. It's not because we are unprofessional - or Saxon or the manufacturers, for that matter. It's just the way it goes, I'm afraid. All we can do is apologise sincerely (and tear our hair out with frustration!).
So.... The discs should now be arriving with you throughout the rest of that week, and the release date will probably be officially set as June 7th, allowing it to register on the UK charts.
You heard it first here on the Forum. I'll send a mailing list message around ASAP to all those who've pre-ordered.
Cheers,
Coolhead
It's disappointing about the delay, but not a major issue to me, appreciate the update as always.

I'm sure any frustration we have is magnified 150% at "Coolhead" towers.

Keep smiling Craig

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL
Old 05-20-2010, 03:55 PM

Send a message via MSN to Jeffiner

Quote:
Cheers,
Coolhead
No worried Coolhead, we know it's not your fault!
It should be worth it, i'm so excited!
Old 05-20-2010, 06:20 PM

thanks for the update, try not to get too frustrated ,its not your fault, im sure you've done your bit (the making of the doc) great!

Tags
heavy, metal, movie, thunder