Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which two albums would you want to hear live and in full?
Wheels of Steel & Strong Arm of The Law 10 35.71%
Wheels of Steel & The Inner Sanctum 13 46.43%
Wheels of Steel & Another album 5 17.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2009, 02:18 PM

Lightbulb Following Biff's blog let's have a vote on the albums being played in ..............

............ full scenario.

At this point I would like to state that I have nothing against bands playing live albums in full - I've seen Slayer do it (albeit slipped into the middle of their set) and more recently Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine did two nights and 4 albums in full - from the Carter perspective they threw in some real rarities, cover versions including "Down in a Tube Station at midnight" The Jam and "Rent" The Pet shop boys plus some re-worked versions of songs one of which included a full choir on stage backing them.

And to me there lies the point if you are going to do it, it needs to be done properly.

From a personal perspective I don't want to hear WOS & SOATL together on the same night (although it is Saxon so I would still go ). I will accept some nostalgia is required surrounding the 30Th Anniversary however as I have said before (sorry if its getting boring) what differentiates Saxon from so many other bands is how current and valid their NEW music is so for that reason I am suggesting a vote as above.

The poll will be open for 29 days taking us to the turn of the year - Happy Voting.

PS. If anyone should vote WOS and another album - please leave the name of whichever album you would like in the thread, Thanks.

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL

Last edited by Fingers; 12-02-2009 at 11:22 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:14 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Janet

Ah, geez! Now I'm torn. I can't decide. This is why I like my 3 night cruise to nowhere idea I mentioned several months ago. They could do an all 80s set the first night, all 90s the second night, and all 00s the last night. OR....they could just play their entire catalog straight through no matter how long it takes and we can take bets on which one collapses on stage first.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Ah, geez! Now I'm torn. I can't decide.
Janet you weren't that torn were you

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL
Old 12-03-2009, 12:25 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Janet

Yes I was. But since I had such a difficult time with this decision I decided to vote for Biff's original idea.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:41 PM

I voted for WOS and another album because i coudn't choose what I really wanted.
I'm not a great fan of whole albums. Aspecialy when the new albums are such a great albums. I got blown away bij witchfinder gereral, batailons of steel, but also Solid ball of Rock, Requim, Broken heroes and other great songs.

I think a setlist should be the best of the band and with all respect to WOS some songs on it are not the best Saxon ever made.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:16 PM

Cheers for the poll fingers, I voted for wheels and another album, but i think i 4th option should have been added with rare stuff/songs from albums that arent covered often, because a lot of us said they would like that too.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to Live to rock 747
Smile

Thanks for the views on should we play the wheels album don’t forget wheels is only 36.94 mins long and strong arm is shorter lots of time to play more…
I was thinking of festivals perhaps? Biff.

For meself and prob other saxon fans as well, would prob find it harder to get to a festival to hear wheels of steel/strong arm in full or wheels and sanctum.

Be cool if you could do that sort of idea on a tour bit like youve just done of the uk, rather then just the fests.

It would be a shame for those saxon fans who couldent make the fests, missing out on such a treat hearing the above mentioned albums in full.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:09 PM

contorversial, I have voted for Wheels + an other, the other being Saxon (debut album)
Old 12-03-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olbahat View Post
I voted for WOS and another album because i coudn't choose what I really wanted.
I'm not a great fan of whole albums. Aspecialy when the new albums are such a great albums. I got blown away bij witchfinder gereral, batailons of steel, but also Solid ball of Rock, Requim, Broken heroes and other great songs.

I think a setlist should be the best of the band and with all respect to WOS some songs on it are not the best Saxon ever made.
Agree. I'm not that in favour of whole albums either. I've voted for WOS and TIS, but personally I'd like to have an eclectic section covering most of their albums.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:29 AM

Personally for me it would be "SAOTHL" and not "Wheels".

Can't vote on this one. One was slow metal... and the other was a damn site more metal. For me it has to be the more career defining one and it would have to be Strongarm + another album. Not wheels...

Personal choice of course. Like to see a vote between the two and not just Wheels + another album, but more like Wheels / Strongarm + an album.