Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Smalltalk & Spam
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2007, 08:24 PM

Talking Diamond Head

Just thought I'd report in after last night's show in Bilston.

I missed a fair wedge of the Twisted Angels set... my University lecture didn't end 'til 8pm...

Got there for Demon, though! First time in a long time I've seen them (since Heart Of Our Time) and they put their set together well, predominantly from Night Of The Demon, Unexpected Guest and The Plague (another flashback to a certain Carrere Records sampler album named Heavy Metal Thunder!).

It's a shame the guys are calling it quits after this tour. Good luck with your future ventures, chaps.

Diamond Head... a band that does exactly what you expect: The Prince, Lightning To The Nations, Streets Of Gold, It's Electric, Am I Evil?... Sweet stuff, which attracted young folks predominantly wearing Metallica shirts, natch. Thankfully, there was a predominantly crusty presence, so I didn't feel the need to head for a nursing home.

Cracking show, though I'm still getting used to the current vocalist. He sounds like his illustrious original predecessor, but looks and moves like a young Phil Mogg... after a few bottles of Dog, it gets a little confusing!

Great show, well worth the 10 to get in.

Cheers!
Klingonbear

Old 04-20-2007, 09:38 PM

Another great band I haven't seen live!
Old 04-20-2007, 09:58 PM

Wooohooo sounds magnificent Klingonbear. I knew there was someone on this forum going to see them but I couldn't remember who it was. Did they say anything about coming up to Glasgow, I canny wait to see them again, one of the most criminally underrated bands of all time. I mean I haven't seen them with their new singer but I've got boots of when they supported some band in Glasgow a couple of years ago and he sounds great and obviously sounds good on the new album.

What else did they play - ovbiously they would have done Sucking My Love, Shoot out the Lights, what about Sweet & Innocent and Heat of the Night - ALL ABSOLUTELY MINDBLOWING SONGS.

So lots of young folk in the audience, thats good for Diamond Head, plenty of new fans. I've seen them about 7 times before, but the first time was still the best down in the Bungalow Bar, only 50p to get into see them, and where I bought their first album, Sean Harris handed it to me GORGEOUS HE WAS AS WELL,and bought the single Shoot out the Lights. Only about 50 folk there as well in this dive of a place, fookin amazing.

I didn't know Demon wee packing it in - thats tragic - I hope they get their arses up here so I can see them. How awesome would it be to see Saxon and Diamond Head playing together - A DREAM COME TRUE FOR ME!!!!
Old 04-20-2007, 10:30 PM

A darned good guess at the rest of the set. They played a few from recent albums, plus four new tracks that sounded good from the new album. No release date for that as yet.

The only date confirmed in the UK so far for Demon is at Nottingham (Firefest) on October 26th, the last ever UK date...

Newton Le Willows (May 11th), Newcastle (May 29th) and Dublin (July 24th) are about the closest to you so far for Diamond Head.

How about a triple bill... Saxon, Diamond Head and Tygers...?
Old 04-20-2007, 10:38 PM

Yeah I knew they are playing Dublin and Belfast in July but I'm sure its just a matter of time for them to come to Scotland.

I'll take a wee note of that last Demon concert, hopefully I'll be able to come down for it, got to see them one last time. Are you going to that??

How about a quadruple bill - Saxon, Diamond Head, Tygers and Girlschool or better still, 5 on the bill (I dont know the word for that lol) Saxon, Diamond Head, Tygers,Girlschool and Blitzkrieg - ORGASMIC!!!!!

The Tygers have just announced some dates I noticed that a few days ago, about 6 dates, none near me though but they might be nearer to you Klingon. I'll see if I can find them again.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:27 AM

Let's add Praying Mantis to the line-up and call it the best Donnington that never happened....