Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2007, 08:25 PM

Saxon should have played at The Ferry again like last year - I love that venue - plus there's no curfew there!!!
Old 05-17-2007, 11:31 PM

Send a message via MSN to Saxon Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of the Night747 View Post
Any good looking single males coming with you Sammi
Sorry Princess, all the boys coming to Glasgow are extremely good looking - but spoken for, I'm afraid...oh hang on, I don't think Goss is...and you two would look so good together with your matching denim jackets!! It would be a match made in heaven. I would offer to introduce you to him, but somehow, I think you will know him when you see him! He talks dead posh, as well, so you could take him to meet your parents, no probs!

I am so excited and looking forward to the Glasgow gig, and looking forward to meeting you at long last, we're gonna have a ball!!
Old 05-17-2007, 11:33 PM

Send a message via MSN to Saxon Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of the Night747 View Post
Saxon should have played at The Ferry again like last year - I love that venue - plus there's no curfew there!!!
I'd have loved to see them there!! Oh, forgot to mention, Saxonmckenz will also be at the gig, along with the ones you already mentioned earlier
Old 05-18-2007, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishEagle View Post
Don't want to put anyone on a downer for the gig but be aware that the Garage has a strict 10pm curfew for bands so we'll not get the full Saxon set (the main act comes on at 8.30 so only get an hour and a half)

At least Saxon only have one support band - WASP had two and, as a result, only got an hour for themselves!!

Just so everyone knows in advance and don't blame the band for short changing the fans - it is outwith their control

Saxon have two support bands as well.

Chokehold and Masterplan !

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL
Old 05-18-2007, 10:35 AM

have a great time guys and gals
wish i was there too , but its either paying the mortgage or the going to the gig in glasgow so its a bit of a no brainer ...........hang on ive got a tent ....
seriously hope you have a great gig in glasgow , great meeting the saxon male choir in nottingham .... the rock city certainly rocked wednesday night
Old 05-18-2007, 10:42 AM

I wasn't sure if Masterplan were coming to Glasgow. I knew Chokehold are gonny be there but if we get kicked out at 10pm that doesn't leave a lot of time for Saxon. Best idea would be NO SUPPORT BANDS and just the mighty Saxon!!
Old 05-18-2007, 11:08 AM

i agree seen saxon twice on this tour and havent seen chokehold or masterplan at all even though i like helloween and the obvious links to masterplan i just prefered to chat and drink with mates from this forum
saxon play for 2 hrs plus ... shame about the curfew ... whats that all about anyway
Old 05-18-2007, 11:35 AM

Sometiems I cant really be bothered with the support bands. Obviously if its a support band taht I like, well that makes it an even more awesomer concert but Masterplan I have only heard about 3/4 songs and I couldn't really care less if I see them or not.

If Saxon are playing for 2 hours, well they will need to be on at 8pm then cos of the curfew., so maybe there wont be any support band at Glasgow. That suits me fine cos there's nothing worse than having to suffer a band you dont like just to be right at the front of the stage. and if you stay at the bar when they are on, well you might not be able to get right doon the front. There's some gay club on after concerts and they kick all the rockers out to make way for the gays!!!! Nah I'm not that keen on this venue at all, plus they are very strict getting in - full body search, handbag search, I very nearly didn't get in when I went to see Magnum cos I had something in my bag that was "contraband" according to the female bouncer. A PACKET OF CHEWING GUM!!!! and I'm not joking!!!!
Old 05-18-2007, 11:46 AM

that is bizzare .... chewing gum
i was once stopped at donington and asked to open an unopened packet of cigs , selophane and all , when i got stoppy (cos id had a tipple or two) by asking what they expected to find in an unopened packet of b&h , the reply was that i might be trying to hide a razor blade ????? obviously i wasnt... and i was let into the arena......
good job they didnt check my socks as i had 2 flick knifes and and a kilo of charlie hidden there
Old 05-18-2007, 11:47 AM

the flick knives and the charlie bit i made up... for comic effect