Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Smalltalk & Spam
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2011, 03:48 AM

Default Black Sabbath Returnes

Now that I got your attention

Black Sabbath is really returning, was posted on Tony Iommi's facebook page and at Classic Rock

On the CR page, they want to return to the original Sabbath sound plus a new album is in the works - I hope they will stick together now and Ozzy has been more or less tea total for well over a decade now (and I look up at him for that)

Stalk me on LastFM
Old 11-12-2011, 03:42 PM

Download 2012 looks like its going to be a good one and I'm sure Saxon said the were going to try and get on this one!
Old 11-13-2011, 04:49 PM

yeah it'll be a cracking festival for sure, i hope saxon get in too.
would love to see saxon open for the mighty sabbath on their tour what a killer that would be.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:16 PM

That's got to be the worst kept secret of recent months. Good to see they will be headlining Download although I wont be there. I'm more interested in an album and hope it actually gets made this time.

What irks me is seeing Metallica are yet again headlining Download. With the amount of times they've seemingly done that and Sonisphere recently, surely they are in danger of becoming a habit. I see that they will be playing the Black album in its entirety (which will at least be a bit different) and that the organizers don't have a huge list of names that can headline these festivals but surely its becoming overkill to have them at least once a year at a big outdoor UK event. Choose someone different.

I would also only like to see Saxon do Download if they actually move up the bill a little which they deserve, otherwise I would prefer to see them Headline High Voltage (If it happens next year) or Bloodstock. Granted these two are not as large as Download or Sonisphere but a full 1 1/2 festival set at those would be much more preferable than a 40 minute set anywhere else.

Of course the band themselves may think a slot at Download will be able to secure them playing to a wider and more diverse audience, which is true, but they need to move up the Main Stage bill or at best Headline a second stage IMO.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:04 AM

your right 747rick but id rather have metallica as a headliner than that weak as piss pop band called def leppard, imo the organisers are weak for granting them a headliner ,sure they are bigish but they dont deserve to be at a festival like that when they claim theyre not rock or metal ,well we can tell that by heir music cant we, when saxon played in 2010 they had some shit bands above them that are not big sellers of cds ,you are right that saxon should rise up the bill considerably without a doubt. as long as they are on main stage too that will be great. i think saxon could headline high voltage no problem.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:16 PM

I have to say I've never been less excited about a reformation in my entire life. I saw Sabbath on one of either their comebacks or last ever gigs (who knows which they split up and reform so often) at the Astoria it was dreadful. That same year I saw Geezers band GZR at the Astoria now that was worth seeing.

As for Download & Metallica playing again - that whole issue has been created by Download moving to a 3 day festival with 33 stages (I exagerate but you get my drift) because of this they actually have so many bands on they end up having to rotate the same bill every two years to some degree. Last time I went it was a two day festival (co-incidentally it was the year Metallica played minus Lars with Joey Jordidon playing drums with the exception of 1 song that Dave Lombardo played) there were over 60 bands over two days, even making the effort to traipse all round the site from stage to stage I barely managed to see a dozen bands in two days.

To finish ranting Saxon headlining Bloodstock or High Voltage would be infinitely better from a fans perspective however, 747Rick is 100% correct playing Download secures Saxon the opportunity to play to a much wider and more diverse audience, which potentially opens up other opportunities, markets & increases album sales etc.

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL