Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > The Market Place
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2009, 10:35 PM

Default Rarest Saxon CD, other CD questions

Hi,
Which CD of Saxon's is generally considered to be the rarest? I know that the Axe Killer version of Innocence is No Excuse always goes for good money on eBay. I just picked up the Warhammer version of Forever Free off eBay, that's one that I have only seen available one other time prior. Is there another one like these that is very difficult to come by?

Another question, can anyone explain the difference between the Diamonds and Nuggets disc and the Coming to the Rescue 2 disc set? From what I can tell disc 1 of Coming to the Rescue is exactly the same as D&N. Were both put out by Oliver & Dawson or was Coming to the Rescus put out by someone else?

And finally, can someone fill me in on who is behind the Live...In The Raw CD? Are Biff & Company involved in this release in any way or is this another one put out by Oliver & Dawson, or is someone else responsible for that release?

Thanks,
Joel
Old 02-15-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsaxonfan View Post
Which CD of Saxon's is generally considered to be the rarest?
I don't know - but from my experience till now, the good candidate could be Strong arm of the law Japanese 1994 EMI CD.

Good question about "Raw" CD!
Old 02-16-2009, 03:09 AM

i think coming to the rescue and d&n were put out by o/d but not certain, and i think , live in the raw was released by pete gill ex saxon drummer, lionheart special edition is pretty rare and well worth getting.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by never surrender View Post
lionheart special edition is pretty rare
No.
At any moment you can find dozen of those on eBay, and at quite affordable prices (and that's only eBay, not to mention the rest of the virtual and real world). You can hardly call that rare.
On the other hand, I saw only one copy of edition I mentioned during 6 months of checking the eBay and elsewhere almost on daily basis. And it wasn't cheap. Of course, I am now the proud owner of that one.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:40 AM

D&N was indeed released by Mr Oliver on the Angel Air label as well as the infamous Live Donnington 1980 (complete with spelling mistake)

Coming to the Rescue is a mid priced double CD with both these albums in one package this was released by Snapper Music ( some sort of licencing deal from Angel Air) although not all the D&N tracks are listed on the sleeve.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:40 AM

well i dont know how many of the japanese emi strong arm cd's were released, but lionheart special edition is still rare ,sure you can still get it some places , same for most things of any band. how about strong arm of the law limited edition by axe killer with booklet and t-shirt.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by never surrender View Post
well i dont know how many of the japanese emi strong arm cd's were released ... how about strong arm of the law limited edition by axe killer with booklet and t-shirt
I also had Axe Killer Strong Arm; I sold the CD, but kept T-shirt and box. Until recently, it was easy to find, on eBay and several other sites. Now I don't see it anymore. It's limited edition of only 1500, but I'm 100% sure that 1994 Japanese EMI is still much harder to find, although it's not limited edition (quantities are probably large, Japan is huge market).
Old 02-20-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosader View Post
I don't know - but from my experience till now, the good candidate could be Strong arm of the law Japanese 1994 EMI CD.

Good question about "Raw" CD!
I think I have that japanese Strong Arm somewhere. I'm gonna look it up.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:43 PM

@ never surrender,
you can get the Lionheart Special Edition on Ebay for
€ 20,20 + 2,50 for transport...
It is a seller in Germany, so if you have problems send
me a PM if interesting...

Adios, Achim (hmthunder)
Old 02-26-2009, 06:28 PM

already got it, thanks anyway