Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > The Market Place
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2009, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsaxonfan View Post
J.D., since you're in the States I'd recommend you order the book here:
http://www.tower.com/saxon-never-sur...wapi/109573895

It says it's in stock, and it's free shipping, but get your order in soon because I've seen them go from in stock to out of stock in short order.

Wow,thanks mnsaxonfan!! You rock man!

I looked on amazon.com but they want $45 bucks for it...I'd rather get it from Tower Books for $27!!

So you have this book and read it?
Old 07-03-2009, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D.DIAMOND View Post
Wow,thanks mnsaxonfan!! You rock man!

I looked on amazon.com but they want $45 bucks for it...I'd rather get it from Tower Books for $27!!

So you have this book and read it?
Yes I have it and yes I have read it. I actually got mine off eBay from someone in Germany, but that's only because Tower did not have it in stock at the time. Basically I paid about $30 so, whatever, not bad.

I think it's a great read, I had a hard time putting it down once I started it, especially once it got to the part where he first started playing with Paul Quinn. Just a lot of really good stories, well told, hearing it from the man himself book. In other words......GET IT!
Old 08-30-2009, 08:11 PM

Last days I had the opportunity to read thye book: It reads very quick. and it never sinks in.. in one breath.. Good to read some things, which i wasnt aware of.. Even Saxon had some sabattical after Destiny..Yes and afterwards I can remember that time, where I thought it becomes silent..in a few of my dreams I have already dreamt several times that someday one of the guitarists would leave,,..it's good to read about reasons for the departure..Maybe its good that for a balanced view Graham Oliver himself should write a book..Of course alot questions are unanswered,, thats a good thing about the a book. Who was the guitarist that played some leading solo's from Graham Oliver? So it wasnt Graham Oliver playing at all on the Dogs of war album..Who of the fans on this board have noticed that, when they first listened the album.. I must confess I didnt.., but for me it was for sure the album that made the turning point..(Maybe thats why it sounded so good..says Biff) Further I must confess that i havent shagged that much in life as he did.. No semen left..man, man..! Good stuff in the book like : in fact a shy man..be with familiar people is better than with strangers..Nice to read the family background and the way it was then to live..Alot identification I found in the book..Also the selling figures...and the management mistakes in the US only 25000 copies to be sold, where there was a demand of couple hundred thousands at least..and T-shirts sellings that went in the pockets of others.. and al this shit with Nigel Thomas..no cash..( Biff says: but he had charakter..but to be honest I (=me heavycelli)would have laid his head under the guillotine)what is this band fooled by alot..( but ok where is a naive, there will be fooled..)but they never did bow and went on..real strong people and honest people in Saxon ..and around them to support..Humor is important and that alot too in the book.. Hope alot Saxon fans have the opportunity to read this fantastic book..

Last edited by Heavycelli; 08-30-2009 at 08:30 PM.