Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2015, 05:28 PM

Arrived in Wakefield. Went into Warehouse 23 earlier and saw Nibbs doing a sound check. Will be in Hogarths around 4.30 as it is only 2 a pint. Will pop into Harrys Bar around 7pm.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:44 PM

I wandered mid morning and saw the bus parked up.

We will be in Harrys later , I have a shaved ish head and will be wearing my trusted Blue Oyster Cult baseball shirt.
Old 11-14-2015, 11:50 AM

Sorry we didn't meet up with you Ivan, we did look out for you in Harry's Bar but couldn't see you. It was good to meet up though with Rattz, Lionheart & Simon. It was a great show in a small venue. Saxon played for about 1 hour 45 minutes and the set included Battering Ram, Eye of the storm, hard and fast. Destroyer, devil's footprints, as well as sacrifice, motorcycle man, never surrender, bands played on, broken heroes, strong arm of the law, eagle has landed, 747, wheels of steel, denim and leather. Great show, can't wait to see them again tonight at HRH.
Old 11-14-2015, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil_747 View Post
Sorry we didn't meet up with you Ivan, we did look out for you in Harry's Bar but couldn't see you. It was good to meet up though with Rattz, Lionheart & Simon. It was a great show in a small venue. Saxon played for about 1 hour 45 minutes and the set included Battering Ram, Eye of the storm, hard and fast. Destroyer, devil's footprints, as well as sacrifice, motorcycle man, never surrender, bands played on, broken heroes, strong arm of the law, eagle has landed, 747, wheels of steel, denim and leather. Great show, can't wait to see them again tonight at HRH.
Good to meet up with you as well, also Mr & Mrs Paxo, Martin, love these gigs, you feel closer to the band, very enjoyable night, even though our trains were all messed up, enjoy HRH, and heres to Battering Ram Part 2 (hopefully) sometime next year.
Old 11-14-2015, 01:10 PM

When we got in to Harrys it was a bit rammed - which was to be expected. We managed to get a table near the back so did not move from there apart from the short trip to the bar.

We were back in there after the gig until midnight !

Hope you liked Harrys it has a nice vibe to it.

I thought the gig was excellent , nice to see Saxon in an intimate setting although the stage was a bit small and Nibs seemed to have to find his own space away from the front of stage at times - and lots of banging about together on stage - brilliant

I think Biff seemed quite touched by the crowd.

Can have no complaints over the set list and I thought battering ram was an excellent opener.

I have just found out I may be in London the weekend of the Motorhead gig - but no standing available and while I am able to still stand and rock I won't do seating
Old 11-15-2015, 09:49 PM

If you do make one of the London gigs Ivan, let me know and I'll try and meet up with you again as I will be at both shows.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:53 PM

Here is the exact set list of the Wakefield show....

Battering Ram
Motorcycle Man
Sacrifice
Queen of Hearts
Power and the Glory
Heavy Metal Thunder
Destroyer
Broken Heroes
And the Bands Played On
Eye of the Storm
The Eagle Has Landed
Never Surrender
Hard and Fast
747 (Strangers in the Night)
Princess of the Night
Encore:
The Devil’s Footprint
Wheels of Steel
Strong Arm of the Law
Denim and Leather
Old 11-16-2015, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil_747 View Post
If you do make one of the London gigs Ivan, let me know and I'll try and meet up with you again as I will be at both shows.
I will do.

Just have to find out what night I am in London and secure a standing ticket from somewhere.