Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2019, 07:07 AM

Default 40th Anniversary Castles and Eagles Tour cancelled

URGENT ANNOUNCEMENT - PLEASE READ FULL STATEMENT!

It is with regret that we have to announce the rescheduling of the remaining SAXON shows in 2019. Lead Vocalist Biff Byford has been diagnosed with a heart condition that requires immediate surgery and a post op recovery period that will last into the new year.

The shows affected are as follows:
September 26th Sweden, Stockholm – Grona Lund
October 5th – The Netherlands, Eindhoven – Oktober Metal Fest
October 18th – UK, Glasgow – Braehead Arena
October 19th – UK, London – Eventim Apollo
October 20th – UK, Manchester – O2 Apollo
October 26th – Germany, Dusseldorf – Mitsubishi Electric Halle
December 1st – Mexico, Mexico City – Forcefest
December 6th – Colombia, Bogota – Knot Fest

The UK, London Eventim Apollo show has been rescheduled for Saturday March 28th 2020
And UK, Manchester O2 Apollo for Sunday March 29th 2020
The UK, Glasgow Braehead Arena & Germany, Dusseldorf Mitsubishi Electric Halle shows will be rescheduled and new dates announced as soon as possible.

All existing tickets will remain valid for new dates and in the case of a required refund please visit point of purchase.
The Stockholm Grona Lund show will be rescheduled for the summer of 2020 – date TBC at this time.

Unfortunately due to the nature of the events, the Netherlands, Mexico & Colombia dates will not be able to be rescheduled.
Biff “As everyone knows now we are going to have to reschedule some of the shows because I need an operation on my heart which should be happening next week. There is nothing more I can say really, I am just sorry for causing all the disappointment to peoples plans for coming to see us. I know people are flying from all over the World to see the shows but there is nothing I can do so please wish me luck and send me some good vibes. We have to look positive on this and I will coming back as strong as before hopefully”

Biff’s video link here:
https://youtu.be/2WTM-wKndwM

More updates on Biff’s progress to follow soon.

Last edited by northernlady; 09-25-2019 at 05:29 AM.
Old 09-21-2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernlady View Post
URGENT ANNOUNCEMENT - PLEASE READ FULL STATEMENT!

It is with regret that we have to announce the rescheduling of the remaining SAXON shows in 2019. Lead Vocalist Biff Byford has been diagnosed with a heart condition that requires immediate surgery and a post op recovery period that will last into the new year.

The shows affected are as follows:
September 26th Sweden, Stockholm – Grona Lund
October 5th – The Netherlands, Eindhoven – Oktober Metal Fest
October 18th – UK, Glasgow – Braehead Arena
October 19th – UK, London – Eventim Apollo
October 20th – UK, Manchester – O2 Apollo
October 26th – Germany, Dusseldorf – Mitsubishi Electric Halle
December 1st – Mexico, Mexico City – Forcefest
December 6th – Colombia, Bogota – Knot Fest

The UK, London Eventim Apollo show has been rescheduled for Saturday March 28th 2020
And UK, Manchester O2 Apollo for Sunday March 29th 2020
The UK, Glasgow Braehead Arena & Germany, Dusseldorf Mitsubishi Electric Halle shows will be rescheduled and new dates announced as soon as possible.

All existing tickets will remain valid for new dates and in the case of a required refund please visit point of purchase.
The Stockholm Grona Lund show will be rescheduled for the summer of 2020 – date TBC at this time.

Unfortunately due to the nature of the events, the Netherlands, Mexico & Colombia dates will not be able to be rescheduled.
Biff “As everyone knows now we are going to have to reschedule some of the shows because I need an operation on my heart which should be happening next week. There is nothing more I can say really, I am just sorry for causing all the disappointment to peoples plans for coming to see us. I know people are flying from all over the World to see the shows but there is nothing I can do so please wish me luck and send me some good vibes. We have to look positive on this and I will coming back as strong as before hopefully”

Biff’s video link here:
https://youtu.be/2WTM-wKndwM

More updates on Biff’s progress to follow soon.
Sad news Nevertheless I will come to London and would be nice to meet a lot of you again.
All the best for Biff.
Old 09-21-2019, 09:56 PM

I hope that Biff will recover quickly and be fit. More, I'm sure we'll see you in London on March 28, 2020. When I was sick and had chemotherapy in 2010, I listened to Heavy Metal Thunder The Movie all the time. Similarly, three years ago, before aortic valve surgery (regurgitation), Never Surrender and Stand up and fight! Such positive music heals. Biff, I keep my fingers crossed and I only address two words to you: Never Surrender! I wish you much health and strength from Warsaw - Michał
Old 09-24-2019, 01:57 PM

Best wishes to Biff, take care!