Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 03:55 PM

Default Calm Down People re D2C Boxset ordering

I hope I'm not sticking my nose in where it isn't wanted but can we all calm down a little re the ordering of the boxset and some of the comments that have been made on said thread!!

I understand people are excited and want to get hold of a copy (I was too) but there needs to be some politeness shown as well. There might well have been some teething problems regarding payments but as far as I'm aware Kai has been absolutely fantastic in sorting out any issues that have arisen. I say a big thanks to UDR and all the staff for giving us the opportunity to own such a wonderful item.

Regarding the price of the boxset. I understand some people may be unable to purchase it, I myself am lucky this time that I have some funds put by so that I can., but look at what you are getting. It is beautiful. Things like this are never going to be cheap, hence the fact they are Special Limited Editions. A standard Hoody on its own cost between 35-50 these days!! In all fairness Saxon have never charged what some bands do for items. Their ticket prices for concerts are some of the most reasonably priced out there and they always give %100!!

So lets count to 10, wait until a problem is completely sorted one way or another before launching into attack mode.

Thankyou for reading \m/
Rick
Old 02-22-2013, 03:56 PM

well said mate.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747rick View Post
I understand people are excited and want to get hold of a copy (I was too) but there needs to be some politeness shown as well. There might well have been some teething problems regarding payments but as far as I'm aware Kai has been absolutely fantastic in sorting out any issues that have arisen. I say a big thanks to UDR and all the staff for giving us the opportunity to own such a wonderful item.
Well said mate ! This forum used to be a place of fun and banter.

In all my dealings with UDR they have been helpful and professional.

I don't mind saying I'm appalled by some of the posts on here whenever there is a a special edition etc. way over the top as far as I'm concerned and I guess if there is any delay in despatching the box set I will yet again be confronted by a tirrade of cr@p !

My final rant - the words "Limited Edition" mean just that, if I had got home from work 30 minutes later yesterday I may have missed out, over the years I have missed out on tickets to sold out shows, it happens get over it !

PS. Delays in refunds are more than likely down to PayPal I guess.

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL

Last edited by Fingers; 02-22-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:37 PM

I agree with you, Rick. I was super surprised when I read a few of the angry posts in the thread on the fan package. While I understand their rage after watching their computers for several days straight and then fearing to be blocked out by technical hiccups, I agree with you that name-calling certainly is not the way to help things.

Regarding the price: As I said in the other thread, it IS quite expensive, but it is a lot of material in there, too. So it's not like anybody needs to feel ripped off. Over here in continental Europe it's 70 euros for the standard version. The hoodies alone usually go for about 30 to 35 euros at concerts, so the whole package isn't over-priced, it's just that unfortunately some fans will have to pass on it because they can't afford it at the moment

Ticket prices for shows have been very fair all along, in my opinion. Compared to other gigs, they are very reasonable and in line with the sizes of the venues. And you'll be hard-pressed to find a live act that is more committed to delivering a great show every time they step on stage than the boys in Saxon are.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:35 PM

Also agree!
Old 02-22-2013, 09:43 PM

very well said, mate...couldn't have said it better.

i'm sure everybody at UDR is doing his best and so far i was always satisfied when oredring something there.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:37 PM

Hi folks i was probably most guilty party and what i said was totally uncalled for and came through frustration more than anything. Im just letting people know i sent an apology to Kai last night and he very nicely replied to which i was grateful. I would now like to apologise to everyone on here for being a prat and hopefully allowed one stupid mistake and will promise to behave myself from now on. Sorry folks Big Teaser
Old 02-22-2013, 11:27 PM

Big Teaser,

as I alluded to in my earlier post, I suspected it was just venting frustration and enthusiasm getting the better of you and was never meant to be personal...even though the wording was completely out of line.

I guess most people on here will agree with me when I say: "No hard feelings, mate."

After all, we're all fans of the band here.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabs View Post
Big Teaser,

as I alluded to in my earlier post, I suspected it was just venting frustration and enthusiasm getting the better of you and was never meant to be personal...even though the wording was completely out of line.

I guess most people on here will agree with me when I say: "No hard feelings, mate."

After all, we're all fans of the band here.
Cheers mate appreciated.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:12 AM

I think the price was very fair considering what we are getting.