Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 06:47 PM

Default Vintagevinyl review

Great reviews everywhere! Love it ! and the way vintage vinyl refer to Biff as 'Byson's Vocal'! classic!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skierfe View Post
else you could always order it from Europe.
I bought the standard fan pack. I also bought 3 extra LPs from amazon America that I'm going to give to influential YouTube video makers that I'm hoping will listen to and give good reviews of the album. I'm in a hyper Saxon promotion mode...lol.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:25 PM

3 other great reviews, from the same website, Metal Temple.
http://www.metal-temple.com/site/cat...-sacrifice.htm
Old 02-28-2013, 08:55 PM

KKKK

Four K's FROM KERRANG. Yeah i know i dont like kerung much only ever flick if i see it in a shop but because its weekly it has quite a big readership.

Says they sound reinvigorated and more like a young band with tons of energy making their first album but with loads of experience to back it up. Good stuff.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:28 AM

My friend 'Tosh' who presents Siren FM's radio show and interviewed Biff last week also writes reviews for several websites. Here is his review for Sacrifice

http://www.themidlandsrocks.com/saxo.../#.UTQE9zczLBZ
Old 03-05-2013, 10:43 AM

Got my copy yesterday and its worth all the positive reviews. Great album with some cracking good riffs.

Love it.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:12 AM

got my copy yesterday with the bonus disc, first of all the quality of the packaging and pictures is top notch, time has obviously been taken to make it as good a looking presentation as possible

now down to the album it's self what can you say fresh sounding, but with all the traits of classic saxon, every track is a gem, a massive well done to the guys and all those involved in it's production.

the bonus track also has a few supprises non more so than the awesome sound of crusader orchestrated version{i would love to see that done live}

a massive thumbs up for me can't wait for april \m/
Old 03-05-2013, 10:18 PM

Great album bar the dreadful Standing In The Queue. I love the other tracks, but this one is very poor.

Last edited by lionessheart; 03-05-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionessheart View Post
Great album bar the dreadful Standing In The Queue. I love the other tracks, but this one is very poor.
I like it , I think it very tongue in cheek, typically British
Old 04-24-2013, 02:49 PM

A Saxon album is never disappointing and good as always… this one is better than good, progression evry time, like a sportsman, the more you play, the more conditions and prices! There is no song that I skipp, on some albums, I had a few song i did not programm, but this album i play full, its straight into your face metal! Ligth consumable lyrics, tough not shallowminded, after one hearing I had all the lyrics in the head..Such nice phrases: Standing on the podium, number one, job is done! (It rimes so good man ! I don’t know any other song in the world with such a phrase in it, anyone else? That’s super about Saxon-lyrics, and there are much more of that simple, but so good phrases..Rising from the ashes, floor by floor .. never heard before.. Ram the pedal to the floor , I mean, i did feel my right foot on the pedal in my own own car… the writer is able to visualize his words, Biff’s expression talents are super top !) ..Standing in the queue, another one.. I like that song too, its real life. This song whith such a lyric, can only be song by Saxon, when Iron Maiden or Metallica would perform such songs it would be so misplaced and ridiculous, but Saxon still can make such songs believable, very, very good. Saxon is stories from the past, today’s life and what comes in future..the whole spectrum. Today’s life is so much left out by lot’s of Metalbands, but Saxon does this too.. Very Good guitar-bass-work and percussion..
When I wanne eat Chinese I got to a Chinese restaurant, when I wanne eat Metal I go to the Saxon-restaurant..so simple is that!
Good intro’s , not easy after making more than 250 songs, to find totally different intro’s. The same with the outro’s .. Night of the wulfs… a nice long outro, a good thing..at 3.31 min til end..a DJ can use such a part to say: Super album from the guys from Saxon, hell of an album etc,..etc,.. Intro of Luck of the draw, is so new to Saxon too, I like that extra ingredient in a Saxon song.. ( I have something with intro’s and outro’s, for example Dokken’s Cracks in the ground song-intro, it makes it so mystic sounding..)
What a good production, the other albums were good, this is even better! The vocals are so clear and to the front,, and the guitars are in the front to and clear hearable,.. It’s like in the Old Saxon recordings…I listened to the right box and then i hear the guitarist and on the left I hear another guitarist.. So not on evry box the same sound.. I like that.. the album reminds me of the old school Saxon in a modern coat, that is great!
When I got my Sacrifice-copy at the store it looked like a gift, wnat a nice drawing, booklet, foto’s. People have given alot of serious energy in this project, for sure! It lies good in the hand, its good grappable, like a good operation knife !
1. Procession 8
2. Sacrifice 9 (Super that Saxon paid attention to the Maya’s)
3. Made in Belfast 8
4. Warrior of the road 9 (Straigth in your face metal, no-nonsense Metal)
5. Guardians of the tomb 9
6. Stand up and Fight (10) My favorite track on this one)
7. Walking the Steel 9
8. Night of the Wolf 8
9. Wheels of terror 8 (Target in our sights, is sung so bones-nerving, sadistic nearly , after that briljant pumping of the instruments 2min.58 3min.06.. it’s a dark –song, but it has those 1.12 min til min 1.21 min prickling-white parts..)
10. Standing in the queue 9,5

There is rythm and swing in this album, more melody and the solo’s have a beginning and an end, a head and a tail, that’s different from for example Into the Labyrinth on some songs, not evryone of course.. Good production!
And on the bonus Disc I really like the crusader, just let me rock and forever free and rainbow re-recording. Without orchestra I find it better tough, but its good to hear it too sometimes in this way.
My favorite is the re-recording of Just let me Rock (9) a real cracker ! .. ( i hear a Adrian Vandenberg, Whitesnake flavour in it.., I like that!)
Splendid album again, but much more than that in fact..yeah much, much more, an ace album! I play it alot, have you seen the hearing scores on Spotify? Well proof enough i think…Quality cannot be denied, the ears in the world wanne hear good stuff !
@Saxon : Thank you !!

Last edited by Heavycelli; 04-24-2013 at 03:02 PM.