Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Smalltalk & Spam
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2012, 05:02 PM

Aside from the Who, London Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, Kinks, Elbow, Madness and Kate Bush, I was quite disappointed with the closing ceremony, saying that it "covers all British Music over the decades" is untrue, it failed to cover metal and it seemed to cover more chart music

I would have liked to see Saxon, Iron Maiden, Diamond Head, Judas Priest and Motorhead there

Stalk me on LastFM
Old 08-13-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Hawke View Post
Aside from the Who, London Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, Kinks, Elbow, Madness and Kate Bush, I was quite disappointed with the closing ceremony, saying that it "covers all British Music over the decades" is untrue, it failed to cover metal and it seemed to cover more chart music

I would have liked to see Saxon, Iron Maiden, Diamond Head, Judas Priest and Motorhead there
Being at Bloodstock I didn't see the closing ceremony, but when has the British Music Press EVER regarded Heavy Music as worthy of attention at things like this. It was always going to rely on 'chart' music because that is what has been force fed to the masses for years.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:

In all fairness, I think perhaps only Maiden and Motorhead would been known to many of the world viewers. Were the Rolling Stones mentioed?

I also thought Annie Lennox was good. Bottom of the class has to be George Michael. He was dreadful. I am not a fan, but I won't deny he did have talent. Now he's just a fat bastard
Old 08-17-2012, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionessheart View Post
In all fairness, I think perhaps only Maiden and Motorhead would been known to many of the world viewers. Were the Rolling Stones mentioed?

I also thought Annie Lennox was good. Bottom of the class has to be George Michael. He was dreadful. I am not a fan, but I won't deny he did have talent. Now he's just a fat bastard
LOL!! I met Annie Lennox a couple of times when I used to work at the Bank. She's a lovely lady.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:18 AM

The number of acts that mimed the olympics and my viewing ended when Jessie J came on.

It was visually a very good show, they used the stadium to its fulll effect. The CD of the opening cermony is excellent, I won't be buying the closing one

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL
Old 08-17-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
The number of acts that mimed the olympics and my viewing ended when Jessie J came on.
Typical, but then I don't think you can recreate that amount of autotune live . Most 'in' acts these days don't have to do it the hard way by playing the circuit for years on end before making it, therefore they cannot cut it live. They rely purely on technology and brainwashed screaming tweens to get where they do!!
Old 08-17-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747rick View Post
Typical, but then I don't think you can recreate that amount of autotune live . Most 'in' acts these days don't have to do it the hard way by playing the circuit for years on end before making it, therefore they cannot cut it live. They rely purely on technology and brainwashed screaming tweens to get where they do!!
Quite, Saxon or any other metal band would not have mimed, and I was laughing when I heard on Ultimate Guitar (with the self-righteous mass outrage that usually goes with the majority of that sites readers) that Ed Sheeran fans though the Pink Floyd cover (Wish You Were Here) he did (witch wasn't THAT bad but did no justice) though that was a new song he wrote...

Is anyone watching the Para Olympics?
I watched a small movie about it (starring Rob Brydon, can't remember the rest of the cast).

I think it is a nice thing to have, pity about it being spoilt by the media rubbing it in everyones face (as it does with every major event)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionessheart View Post
Bottom of the class has to be George Michael. He was dreadful. I am not a fan, but I won't deny he did have talent. Now he's just a fat bastard
Uch a fi (Welsh for Yuck, Ew, Gross!) George Michael has used Auto Tune pitches in recent years, can't stand him really, only did a few songs I can say I do like (Careless Whisper is one of them), still seeing him brings me memories of seeing a picture of when he crashed his 4X4 into a building and someone wrote "WHAM!" next to it

Stalk me on LastFM

Last edited by J-Hawke; 08-17-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Is anyone watching the Para Olympics?
I will definitely be watching the Paralympics. It absolutely amazes me and no doubt GB will do extremely well. We always have in past competitions. I just hope Channel 4 do a good job with the coverage. It's not going to get anywhere near the amount of hours the BBC made available for The Olympics which is a terrible shame really!