Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Tickets / Merch
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2011, 05:00 PM

Default Doug's Dean v79

Does anybody know if Doug's v79 V guitar is available to buy?
If anyone has tried this model before, i would like to know if it worth's her money.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:21 PM

GAK in Brighton are still advertising it on their site www.gak.co.uk
As with all Dean's I have tried they are not to bad, but all have needed proper set up's and upgrades of some sort. I think the hi end Deans are good but mid priced ones are touch and go. Best thing is to try one obviously and see if it takes your fancy. Doug plays his now and again but I do know he prefer's his Les Paul Axcess.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:35 PM

Yes, i was expecting him to appear on stage with the Dean one and when i saw the Les Paul duet i thought, ok he will use his Les Paul for the new songs, and change back for the old ones. But he ended the show with his Les Paul.

If i try a Dean close to Doug's will i have a view for the v79?

It's not only the guitar, it's the feeling of playing with SAXON logo on and the same guitar with SAXON. Or maybe i can buy another V and put on the same logo?
Old 04-16-2011, 11:49 AM

Doug and Paul have been testing out Gibson's attempt at a metal Les Paul, known as the Axcess, it's a thinner body with open humbuckers and an optional trem setup to create a heavier sound while allowing for fast playing. I imagine they'll be using them for a while to come, but Doug's Dean V is available via GAK as mentioned and has all the parts of Doug's own Saxon V. The pickups, the measurements, the paint, the lot of it. You're best to try that guitar if you want to know what it's like, trying other guitars similar to that will give you an idea but there's still considerable differences between them, so if you're hunting for an exact model, try that model. If you're buying it only for the logos and paint then it probably would be better to buy something else and just decorate it, but the V79 has the looks and the hardware to match.