Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Smalltalk & Spam
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2008, 07:52 PM

Default For those that have seen nan on Catherine Tate

What a load of old SHIT

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7598549.stm
Old 09-05-2008, 09:27 PM

ROCK/HEAVY METAL Low self-esteem, creative, not hard-working, not outgoing, gentle, at ease

What absolute Tosh, enough said.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter260859 View Post
ROCK/HEAVY METAL Low self-esteem, creative, not hard-working, not outgoing, gentle, at ease

What absolute Tosh, enough said.
I don't think it is all tosh. I mean, I'm an 18-year-old boy who owns six Saxon albums, which is virtually unheard of, especially in the UK. I think that research does have some truth in it. I certainly do have low self-esteem, and I'm very shy (i.e. not outgoing), and I suppose you could say I'm quite gentle. The only thing that's wrong is that I am actually quite hard working.

I don't think all this research can be written off as rubbish. Surely you'd agree that someone whose favourite artist is Kanye West does tend to be very different than someone whose favourite artist is Saxon or Iron Maiden.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodletter View Post
I don't think it is all tosh. I mean, I'm an 18-year-old boy who owns six Saxon albums, which is virtually unheard of, especially in the UK. I think that research does have some truth in it. I certainly do have low self-esteem, and I'm very shy (i.e. not outgoing), and I suppose you could say I'm quite gentle. The only thing that's wrong is that I am actually quite hard working.

I don't think all this research can be written off as rubbish. Surely you'd agree that someone whose favourite artist is Kanye West does tend to be very different than someone whose favourite artist is Saxon or Iron Maiden.

I understand where you are coming from and yes people who do listen to Kayne west and Iron Maiden are Different But you can't catgoroise people like this. It's generalisation. Also does everyone just listen to one Genre. I mean i may listen to Rock and Heavy Metal mostly but i do listen to Blues aswell.