Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 08:31 PM

You all know my feelings on this.

Signed extremely from Cranwell!!!
Old 03-19-2013, 02:24 PM

................agree with Rick, as previous posted, as a "true" fan, even silly money, i would not sell it.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:56 PM

One would think that it would be cheaper (and better) to get it from legit sources such as your local music shop or official sources, they will never sell albums (or even limited edition) at that price.

Those people on eBay seem to think that they can cash in on limited editions or with the golden ticket, those types think this is a "victimless crime", not realizing that Saxon are not something that can be put away and taken out whenever their label decides that it is time for another album.

Stalk me on LastFM
Old 03-20-2013, 02:49 AM

collectors sometimes pay for things no matter what the cost...
Old 03-20-2013, 09:34 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Schämsz

I really afraid of the Future!! If Sellers on eBay go on like this, may the consequence could be that we do Not get any Fan Packs like this. Otherwise it seems that Thomas knows about that Things and can do nothing. For myself i decide to Never Pay so much Money for that. And also i will inform my fam and give them advice, dont Support that!!!

The Drummer has Landed
Old 03-20-2013, 10:03 AM

it´s just a monkey buisiness, money rules the world
Old 03-20-2013, 11:12 AM

Its just a sign of the times we live in. People will try to make money no matter what. Just look at the state of ticket sales for sell out shows. I saw a pair of tickets sell for ac\dc in Dublin point depot (O2) on the last tour on ebay £1200. I tried with 4 friends to get tickets online 9am when they went on sale none of us got any. Within 30mins there were some on ebay. Also while i'm at it have you seen the meet and greet charges some bands are extorting out of their fans totally unreal. We are lucky to be fans of Saxon - meet and greets money have gone to charity and the band respect their fans.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:51 AM

A different perspective for the lynch mob

That £1200 bin price means nothing,it may well as be a million.
The fans will dictate it's true worth by any offers that are made.

The £1000 paid for the Wacken set was a one off and i think unlikely to happen again.

I recently read that the £1000 was the highest paid for a limited edition in recent times and surely shows the increased popularity of the band which can't be a bad thing.

If the band or the management were concerned they would at least limit sales of such items to one per person to dissuade bulk buying..

If such behavior is depriving true fans then why have some fans bought duplicate items , one to play and one to save ,WHY really ?

Is it these people,hoaders who are limiting the availability and pushing prices up ?

Saxon warrior and others offer a second chance to fans who for one reason, technical or otherwise , missed the initial feeding frenzy.

It is up to the potential buyer to decide how much they are HAPPY to pay.

I have no connection to any of these ebay sellers, just thought i'd chuck a spanner or two into the thread for fun
Old 03-20-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom Rider View Post
Its just a sign of the times we live in. People will try to make money no matter what. Just look at the state of ticket sales for sell out shows. I saw a pair of tickets sell for ac\dc in Dublin point depot (O2) on the last tour on ebay £1200. I tried with 4 friends to get tickets online 9am when they went on sale none of us got any. Within 30mins there were some on ebay. Also while i'm at it have you seen the meet and greet charges some bands are extorting out of their fans totally unreal. We are lucky to be fans of Saxon - meet and greets money have gone to charity and the band respect their fans.
I paid £400 for a £45 ticket (and that was from a legit online shop) to see AC/DC at O2 london in 09 for the black ice tour as there were rumours that it may be their last tour and i had never seen them live previously.
I stayed sober to get the full benefit and don't regret paying that amount but would have prefered not to.
For quite a bit less i soon saw them again at download (talk about busses ) along with Saxon, Motorhead,etc so i see it as swings and roundabouts.
I'm always suprised at only paying around £20 to see Saxon usually along with Motorhead too.

Last edited by zed1015; 03-20-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed1015 View Post
A different perspective for the lynch mob

That £1200 bin price means nothing,it may well as be a million.
The fans will dictate it's true worth by any offers that are made.

The £1000 paid for the Wacken set was a one off and i think unlikely to happen again.

I recently read that the £1000 was the highest paid for a limited edition in recent times and surely shows the increased popularity of the band which can't be a bad thing.

If the band or the management were concerned they would at least limit sales of such items to one per person to dissuade bulk buying..

If such behavior is depriving true fans then why have some fans bought duplicate items , one to play and one to save ,WHY really ?

Is it these people,hoaders who are limiting the availability and pushing prices up ?

Saxon warrior and others offer a second chance to fans who for one reason, technical or otherwise , missed the initial feeding frenzy.

It is up to the potential buyer to decide how much they are HAPPY to pay.

I have no connection to any of these ebay sellers, just thought i'd chuck a spanner or two into the thread for fun
At last.....words of wisdom!!!!

Buying and selling at profit goes on in all walks of life
Everyone on this forum had loads of heads up info about when these limited packages were up for sale
I also have no connection with the present ebay seller.

Now lets stop whinging and get on with enjoying Saxon!