Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Gig Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2011, 06:29 PM

Default Detroit Show

Went to the Detroit show at Blondies Sunday night (10/9/11). There were about 200 people there. But most of them were really into the show. Sorry to hear about the Chicago fans. Setlist was great, they went new song, old song, etc. Lots of encores. I'm thinking it must be hard to give 100 percent when you're playing for just 200 people, but they did it. Hell, we saw Raven there earlier this year, and they played their asses off for 35 people. Thanks Saxon for coming to Detroit, the two hour drive was worth it. The only song I would have liked to hear was Sixth Form Girls, but no complaints here.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to Arctikdeth

not that the crowd was that calm, but they were not as fun as a European crowd, which really gets into the music, no one is really just sitting still watching, thinking their to cool to clap or get into the " HEY.......HEY......HEY......HEY CHANT " which is what Biff wanted & some did including myself, but most were just to embarassed i th ink to get into the music. dont underdtand why american fans are so relaxed & not moved by the music & let loose & yell & clap..........etc etc. but to each his own i guess, but its always nice to have a wild crowd, teh band feeds off of t hat & makes for a better show..!!
Old 10-11-2011, 02:28 AM

it was one hell of a show at blondies last night for sure. biff and the boys sounded great. will try to put up some pictures later.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:27 PM
Banned

Blondies was awesome. Hung out with Twin and Lastv8. He is one cool dude and proud Saxon Forum member. More later with pics.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:36 PM

did anyone meet with the band afterwards? we had a long drive home, so we took off, but on the way out, we heard biff tell the manager to turn off the air conditioning. off? hell, it was never on. anyway, just wanted to see if the met with fans after, maybe by the bus...
Old 10-12-2011, 02:13 AM

Greenmanalishi I donít know if they ever went back in the building or not. I walked around the building to the bus and Biff and Paul was out signing autographs and letting people take pictures with them. Like you we had a long drive home (Cincinnati) so we didnít stay to see if anyone else ever came out.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:32 AM

Default Detroit

Talked with Biff and Paul after show, met them a few times before. Always class act people. On the way to my truck a guy asked us if we liked the show and how far we drove and I told him almost 2hrs ( Sandusky OH ) and he gave us a Saxon pick. The guy said he was the owner of Blondies and that he was trying to get Saxon back in the Spring. I dont know if Saxon is trying to come back in early in 2012 for a longer tour of the States but it seemed like this guy had talked with Saxon managment about it. Let's hope so and hopefully they can hit Ohio a few times!
Old 10-12-2011, 03:15 AM

here are some pictures. the first one is me left, torbin, and Marty.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0731.jpg (37.5 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0740.jpg (39.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0741.JPG (86.7 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0728.JPG (88.6 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0729.JPG (85.4 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0733.jpg (45.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0735.jpg (51.1 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by lastv8; 10-12-2011 at 03:28 AM.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:05 AM

Nice pictures cheers for sharing

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL
Old 10-12-2011, 10:12 AM

Thanks for the pictures.

It's lovely to hear so many fantastic reviews and great comments about the dates over in the States and Canada. Great that you are all having such a good time