Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Smalltalk & Spam
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2011, 01:06 PM

Default Walkway - 4.3.11

Went to see Walkway in Stowmarket, the rock capital of, errr,,,, Stowmarket !, on Friday night.
A new drummer who turned out to be the same drummer who left Mohawk about a year ago as he was not medically capable of playing drums any more, apparently.
Anyway he is far too good a drummer to give up so what a brilliant choice to add to an already brilliant band.

The venue (pub) was packed, apparently the largest crowd this venue has ever had.

Several lads had come down from Doncaster for this gig ! (best part of 200 miles - for a covers band ?).

Walkway were superb, the new (old ?) drummer has a very heavy style and this drove the lads on to such a high standard of playing it was a great nights entertainment for a pub band.

My only criticism was that there was insufficient self penned tracks, they write and play some great tracks of their own, so why not air them a bit more ?

I think they only played 2 or 3 of their own tracks which was a same.
The Joe Satriani stuff was astonishingly good, as was the Van Halen – Eruption/You Really Got Me and also the AC/DC and Motorhead tracks were absolutely first class.

Well I liked it anyway.

They are starting to play further afield; Doncaster, Bolton etc. Like I have said before; Watch this band.

Last edited by XRWoody; 03-08-2011 at 01:28 PM. Reason: improvement
Old 03-08-2011, 06:00 PM

What was the venue in Stowmarket mate?

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL
Old 03-09-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
What was the venue in Stowmarket mate?
A pub called the Pickeral, although I have been to gigs in Stowmarket before it was my debut at this pub.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...50115436326052

I am sure this band will go far, so good yet so young.

Watch this space
Old 03-11-2011, 03:35 PM

Band were interviewed on BBC Radio Norfolk yesterday and mentioned on Radio Suffolk.

Reason for minimising self penned tracks at Stowmarket was becasue the new drummer had not had time to learn the tracks. A fair reason in my view, so I expect to hear a lot of their own material on Monday night in Colchester.

Looking forward to it.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:20 AM

Went to see Walkway last night, their first gig in Colchester, on a Monday night !

Predictably there wern't many people there, which was a shame as they really are good. They played their hearts out, first set was a little less exciting but the second set really kicked on. Great stuff.

There was a lot more self penned tracks this time which was great to hear.

The second set starts with two Satriani covers and Van Halen's Hot for Teacher. This is just so good, its really heavy, really fast, brilliantly played, exstacy !

I am no Pink Floyd fan but Walkway cover Comfortably Numb, its such a good cover, I nearly have to buy Pink Floyd album, blimey !. The Landlord, who I suspect did not know what to expect from Walkway, was so impressed he phoned some locals landlords, got them round late on and asked the band to do Comfortably Numb again, it was terrific. And thats from no fan of the Floyd.

From their own tracks I like "Rise" which is really rocking.

Great stuff. I very much doubt they will have trouble getting a crowd in Colchester again, especially on a Friday or Saturday night.

NB: I understand that Radio Norfolk have recommended Walkway to support Rod Stewert at Carrow Road. I would have thought Walkway was a bit on the heavy side for that clientelle but any publicity is good publicity and all that. Interesting.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:28 AM

A message from James: "If you're at a loose end tomorrow evening, get yourselves down to the Intrepid Fox pub (it's right near Tottenham Court Road tube station) and come and support Walkway ! It's for a few record labels, so all support is welcomed !!!!!!"
Old 12-01-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRWoody View Post
A message from James: "If you're at a loose end tomorrow evening, get yourselves down to the Intrepid Fox pub (it's right near Tottenham Court Road tube station) and come and support Walkway ! It's for a few record labels, so all support is welcomed !!!!!!"
That take's me back have not herd that pud a long time back in 85 not a bad pud then........
Old 12-01-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slug View Post
That take's me back have not herd that pud a long time back in 85 not a bad pud then........
I used to be in the Intrepid Fox plenty of times years ago. Probably saw you there mate at some point. Small World isn't it.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:29 PM

Well the Intrepid Fox gig went well: Walkway have been invited back

1700 likes on Facebook, these are the up coming classic rock band:

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/OfficialWalkway
Old 02-10-2012, 12:52 AM

Walkway - Thier first music video (Released 8.2.12)

Walkway "Overrated" (Official Music Video)

Frst official music video. Track - Overrated. Written By - Ready & Ready. Directed by Peter Eveson. Edited By Ed Eveson. Filmed at Hartismere High School. For more info check…

Added on 08/02/2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQDsH1N5G4Y

Got to be honest, its not my favourite Walkway track but you get the idea, very good for a first attempt.