Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Smalltalk & Spam
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2009, 05:18 PM

Default Bitchy little ODS.....

http://www.metal-rules.com/zine/content/view/1797/83/

Got to be the biggest slagging off I've ever read.

Last edited by Rattz; 11-20-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:02 PM

An absolute joke - they need to grow up, and some of that is nothing less than "Slander" in my opinion.

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL
Old 11-20-2009, 11:45 PM

Cue the lawyers...
Old 11-21-2009, 05:02 AM

I guess you got to take everything they say with a pinch of salt. just being in a local band myself i know that tension between members can reach danger levels, so imagine what feelings must be like after decades together in a massive selling rock band.
What I think is unnaceptable is them slagging off Doug and Nibbs! Objectively at least, Doug is in a different league to Graham when it comes to technical skill, doesnt matter who you prefer theres no denying Doug is far more advanced at guitar. and theres to say nibbs was a 'snotty school boy' when Saxon were starting, fair enough he was a kid but no need to talk about him in a shitty way!
Old 11-21-2009, 09:47 AM

I don't care what they say anymore, I just ignore them.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:25 AM

In an attempt to put aside my anger at this interview, all I can say is that they are angry, bitter words from angry, bitter men who continue to look to the past rather than the future.

Maybe that's why they are in the position they are today?
Old 11-21-2009, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caflyergirl View Post
In an attempt to put aside my anger at this interview, all I can say is that they are angry, bitter words from angry, bitter men who continue to look to the past rather than the future.

Maybe that's why they are in the position they are today?
Yes I would have to agree with you. They are not without talent, so thye should just concentrate on doing their own thing.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:43 PM

Totally agree with all that has been said,

Move on Graham/Steve, release the music you say you have and let that be judged on its merits.

Personal attacks are totally uncalled for and unnecessary.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:58 PM

Send a message via MSN to Saxon Chick

Oh dear How sad is it that these grown men can't enjoy their lives and have a happy and content future. All bitterness does is eat away at you, and you end up sad, miserable, lonely people who nobody wants to be around. Time to move on, boys - do get a grip!! It made me chuckle when it said that the promoters seem to prefer booking Biff's version of Saxon - well, the answer to that is because their singer, Wardy, can't sing for toffee! We had the misfortune to catch the end of their set when we were in the queue waiting to go in to see Dio one time, and they were DIRE. I would sing better, and I couldn't carry a note in a plastic bag!

As for slagging the rest of the band off - I thought their problem was with Biff - so why start slagging the rest of the band off, especially the ones who weren't even in the band when all this shit happened!!

On a very bitchy note of my own - it seems the interview was written word for word, as it was spoken - in which case, they made themselves sound really thick!
Old 11-21-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionessheart View Post
Yes I would have to agree with you. They are not without talent, so thye should just concentrate on doing their own thing.
I am in full agreement too.

I personally think they should have keept the SOB name.
One thing I shall say, I do not know what has REALLY been going on, you never know what goes on behind closed doors and I doubt anyone else outside Saxon will really know because all we got is conflicting talk here.

I have a complimation CD by Girlschool celebrating 25 years of NWOBHM, and they have ODS on it, from a music fans point of view, they really are not so bad and I personally think they should move on or they shall remain bitter and that will make their career as musicians suffer (look at Paul Dianno about Iron Maiden and how his music career has deeply suffered)

If they move on and forget about this and say in interviews that they are moving on and not dwelling in the past, then prehaps, just prehaps Biff would like a one-off reunion with Oliver and Dawson - I mean stranger things have happend, like Walters and Gillmore playing as Pink Floyd during Live-8 a few years back, Walters said that Pink Floyd in the future as impossible and now he is saying "You never know"

Stalk me on LastFM