Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Smalltalk & Spam
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2011, 01:31 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747rick View Post
Hey Janet, you might have seen my other recent postings on here about Queensryche. In my opinion they have gone right down the drain live. Of course I wouldn't dream of telling you not to go but I would be very wary, unless of course you are a big fan. I've now heard the new album as well and it sucks big time. Such a shame.

Oh and my next gig is Brian May & Kerry Ellis at RAF College Cranwell July 16th. I had to go as it's literally 2 minutes from my house. They are going to be playing some Queen songs as well.!!!
Everything after Empire sucked and even Empire is questionable. But this one show is local for me. So a night out would be nice. Besides, a friend of mine may want to go and need someone to go with her. I can handle it for one night....I guess.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Everything after Empire sucked and even Empire is questionable. But this one show is local for me. So a night out would be nice. Besides, a friend of mine may want to go and need someone to go with her. I can handle it for one night....I guess.
Well I think Empire had some good songs, but yeah everything since, well!!!!.
When I saw them on the Operation Mindcrime Tour they were incredible and it still stands as one of the greatest gigs I've ever been to but in 2006 when I last saw them I just wanted the ground to open up and swallow them
Old 06-25-2011, 02:59 AM

Just got in from seeing Limehouse Lizzy again. Thats the fourth time in 6 or 7 months. They were great as usual, despite some dodgy sound issues to start with but once they got it sorted it was pure magic. A really great band.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:32 AM

Think mine will be AC/DC UK at the Flowepot in Derby in September ............. bloody good band . .bloody good music, bloody good venue .......... and bloody good beer !!! and right near home ..... What more could a girl ask for??!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2011, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelHorse View Post
Think mine will be AC/DC UK at the Flowepot in Derby in September ............. bloody good band . .bloody good music, bloody good venue .......... and bloody good beer !!! and right near home ..... What more could a girl ask for??!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
If you like the Bon era I would recommend you see DC/79. I've seen them a couple of times and there awesome the guy sounds and even looks a little like Bon Scott.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:35 PM

Iron On Maiden at the Moses Gate, Bolton tonight!
Old 06-26-2011, 12:31 AM

Hi Mattmetallica! Not heard of them but presume they will have a website so will have a look for it! Thanks mate! I Love the Bon era best! It must be me age!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 12:58 AM

Chris and I are going to SOS Fest, 16th + 17th July in Manchester, I'm really looking forward to a weekend away!!! lmao

On the bill are about 23 bands including Fury UK and GUN, should be a good time, metal and alcohol - what more could a girl want....... hee hee
Old 06-27-2011, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
Chris and I are going to SOS Fest, 16th + 17th July in Manchester, I'm really looking forward to a weekend away!!! lmao

On the bill are about 23 bands including Fury UK and GUN, should be a good time, metal and alcohol - what more could a girl want....... hee hee
Me and Mrs Dirkster are going to SOS too, I'll look out you and say hello.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post

We were going until we realised it clashed with Brian May which we had already got tickets for.