Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Smalltalk & Spam
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2011, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747rick View Post
Still looking forward to seeing them next month, their setlist at Sweden Rocks looked very interesting but why, after seeing photos, are they trying to make Richie Faulkner look so much like K.K !!!
I think priest's are enjoying their last huge world tour. Here in Finland they came to after show party and spend time with fans. So had chance of meeting and chat with Tipton,Hill and Faulkner. They did same thing in Norway and even played with local tribute band.

Show is just fantastic! Stage set is best i've seen since Rob's return.
Faulkner did good job as "K.K" . Hill was moshing as usual in the exactly same spot where he always is. Scott's metal plated drum stick's flew as high as ever. Tipton was on fire. This was my third Priest show and never seen Glenn so energetic. Last but not least Metal God. Rob may have lost some of his voice but who isn't in his age. He is still great frontman and robo walk always put smile on my face,and there was some nice dance moves.

And then there is setlist and man that is great one. There is some tracks that i didn't imagine in my wildest dreams for hearing live.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon_747 View Post
I think priest's are enjoying their last huge world tour. Here in Finland they came to after show party and spend time with fans. So had chance of meeting and chat with Tipton,Hill and Faulkner. They did same thing in Norway and even played with local tribute band.

Show is just fantastic! Stage set is best i've seen since Rob's return.
Faulkner did good job as "K.K" . Hill was moshing as usual in the exactly same spot where he always is. Scott's metal plated drum stick's flew as high as ever. Tipton was on fire. This was my third Priest show and never seen Glenn so energetic. Last but not least Metal God. Rob may have lost some of his voice but who isn't in his age. He is still great frontman and robo walk always put smile on my face,and there was some nice dance moves.

And then there is setlist and man that is great one. There is some tracks that i didn't imagine in my wildest dreams for hearing live.

I'll tell you one vocalist that is getting better and better as he gets older

BIFF
Old 08-06-2011, 06:42 PM

Priest killed at london, it was just fantastic. i cant describe how good it was. CATCH THEM WHILE YOU CAN!!
Old 08-08-2011, 02:33 PM

I agree, I saw them in Belgrade on 01.07, and in London they were even better!
That was the 5th time Ive seen them and they are better every time, even Rob has stopped crawling and is doing some rather slick dance moves!
Old 08-11-2011, 12:34 PM

Saw Priest in the Ulster hall Belfast on the Pain Killer tour - fantastic. Its a really old ornate building with a very high dome roof. They took the trouble to mount a mirror ball high in the dome for victim of changes amazing show. They played Belfast with the scorpions on the angel of retribution tour. Scorpons literally hit the stage running and were really good. They had a fantastic sound. When priest played however the sound was dreadful really harsh kind of hurt your ears like hell. It wasnt great. They returned again on the Nostradamus tour and the show was amazing although i dont like the album. I talked last week to a friend who is a music jurno and he saw a few shows post kk and said it was some of the best priest shows hes seen and hes seen loads. In cluding the famous london show with ripper. So i know i thought priest were finished without kk but there not stupid and would slot someone that fits in. Sad to see him go and i think sad that he couldnt finish the last few dates for the fans.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:58 PM

if they keep on doing great shows, and IF (if) their new album is a cracker, i could see them staying around a bit longer yet. If not, them they are going out on one hell of a high.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:24 PM

I am so sick and fucking tired of "Judas Priest" these last 4 straight years its utterly ridiculous. They have fuckin wasted the last 5 years with total "bullshit".

2008 "Nostradamus" a watered down pile of fuck if I've ever heard one,Barry Manilow should of been a part of it like Lou Reed is with Shittallica.

2009 "A Touch Of Evil Live" a lame live album that was a waste of time when they should of been writting new material like our great Saxon does on a consistant basis(Thank You Biff and Co.!).

Same year they strike up British Steel 30th aniversary to "stall" thier fans yet again from a new studio album....2010 they release the British Steel aniversary live album yet again a waste of time.

2011 they release "The Single Cuts" another rehashed bullshit to stall thier long time fans and to top it off 2011 they just released the fuckin lame ridiculous idiotic "The Chosen Few"....a dumb fuckin compilation album that is the same fuckin songs we all have but we are supposed to be excited because "other artists chose these same tracks we already have"....

The Chosen Few...what a fucking "Joke" and at the same time they are milking this "Epitaph" world tour as long as they can..ect..ect..ect....

Judas Priest has turned into a boring rehashed pile of dog shit and its 100% "pathetic". Saxon have been the KINGS of British heavy metal since the release of the Dogs Of War LP in 1995 and nobody will ever take thier place.

Priest had thier chance starting with the great release of 2005's Angel of Retribution but have let thier career slip into a fucking joke gone bad and now will never recover from it.

Now Rob and Glenn are "worried" about "time" for writting the next studio LP and now that album won't be out untill probably 2013. Fuck this band and hail Saxon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2011, 10:22 PM

hehe j.d. and what if you find their new album as good as lionheart? that won't happen but what if?
So grey is the face of every mortal
Old 11-07-2011, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innuendo View Post
hehe j.d. and what if you find their new album as good as lionheart? that won't happen but what if?
"IF"? Then I would be happy innuendo but I'm mother fucking "frustrated" with this god damn lazy fuckin band!!!

They really didn't need to do this stupid Epitaph tour,they should of waited till' they release a studio LP first in my opinion.

And even if they do release something as good as Lionheart which I belive is impossible but "IF" they did that would be great but it still pisses me off at "all the time they wasted".

Angel Of Retribution was released in 2005.....they should of had a normal killer british heavy metal album out 2 years later in 2007....another one out in 2009 and a new one 2011......

Thats 3 albums we could of had instead of the Nostralulaby album and all this live crap/compilation bullshit. Priest Pisses me off with thier delay at releasing albums,they have been my favorite band since 1981 but I've been bored with them all of 2008,2009,2010,2011.

Saxon are so much better than Judas Priest these last 4 years its not even funny man. I know you hate Call To Arms and think its one of thier worst albums,but to me its thier 3rd best album of all time....

funny how we all look/listen at things differently so I suppose this year is a disappointment for you but a dream come true for me.

Last edited by J.D.DIAMOND; 11-07-2011 at 04:53 AM.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:14 PM

J.D. Although I won't quite say it in your beautiful away I think I pretty much have to agree with you. Even though Priest were good live when I saw them earlier in the year, they have certainly kept everyone waiting for new stuff and pretty much used this tour as a money making exercise. The only thing I will say in their defence is that you dont always know how many of the compilation/ best of albums are actually sanctioned by the band themselves. Record companies do have a habit, especially lately, of repackaging/ rereleasing stuff at the drop of a hat to eek out any few last pennies people might still have

We know it wont be their Epitaph, might be as far as huge world tours are concerned but I cannot see them stopping completely. I don't understand how, when Halford (The Band) put out such a good album recently, that some of those songs couldn't have been used on a new Priest album. As I've said before that record certainly sounded a lot more Priest than Nostrasnore did.

What irks me more (and Fingers mentioned something similar recently) is why Saxon have to play second fiddle to certain bands when they tour. To have a Priest, Motorhead, Saxon lineup as Spain got earlier this year and for Saxon to be Second Support was a complete travesty. They are the best live band out of the three (by a long way) and they have put out consistantly great albums, unlike Priest.