Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Gig Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2008, 04:10 AM

Default The Holmfirth Picturedome review.

Is yet to be written.

Just thought I'd get the first one in, before I go to sleep and then wake up with a good 6 hour hangover.

Kudos to everyone I met today/yesterday... you were all "fooking fabulous" *

* now where have I heard that before.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:30 PM

My second time seeing Saxon (the first being Download Fest, 2008, and I wouldn't exactly call that seeing them, considering the crowd).

What a frigging awesome gig, can't wait for Manchester on the 14th after that, the crowd were pretty awesome, and the band were amazing, playing a set of over an hour and thirty minutes.

Worth every penny, fave song of set: Broken Heros.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:02 PM

Enjoyed the show too! Excellent. I have seen them often over the last 20 odd years & I think that may be first time I have seen them play Broken heroes live, good song.

Ready for some more on Friday at the Motorhead show !

Last edited by Rik; 11-02-2008 at 02:05 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:20 PM

Default Storming show

A great start to the tour, with a great crowd reaction too, and with the puzzling exception of 'Crusader' all the classics were present.

I was surprised to hear Biff say it was probably the last time they'd play I've Got to Rock to Stay Alive' as it's a Saxon classic anthem in my book.

I shot some video clips, and will upload them to Youtube when I've got time, although my little camera couldn't cope with the sound levels,so the sound is very poor, but the footage is of good quality.

Respecting Biff's wishes, I didn't shoot 'Hellcats' at all.

Never having been to The Picturedrome before, I would have no hesitation in going to see bands there rather than the faceless Academy's at Manchester and the like.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Respecting Biff's wishes, I didn't shoot 'Hellcats' at all.
That was me that shouted "OK, we will" when he laughed about not filming it, achtung achtung! We didn't though, naturally, was a great song though,
Old 11-02-2008, 10:05 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyeddy View Post
A great start to the tour, with a great crowd reaction too, and with the puzzling exception of 'Crusader' all the classics were present.

I was surprised to hear Biff say it was probably the last time they'd play I've Got to Rock to Stay Alive' as it's a Saxon classic anthem in my book.
I was expecting crusader too, the "problem" with Saxon is they have so many classic songs you want to hear. I like & expect to hear Princess of the night, but if they hadn't used it, I probably like, half a dozen of the other classics they would play just as much.

Perhaps he was joking about Got to rock..... Like you as soon as I heard it the first time I thought it was another live show favourite on the cards.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:04 PM

Hope he wasn't sincere, what a song, to be frank, they could have gone on for another hour and there would still have been songs I wanted to hear,

DALLAS!
Old 11-03-2008, 03:15 PM

I got what I wanted in the form of "Never Surrender". A bad day, an argument, a broken leg - whatever the ailment, get that song stuck on and it sorts me right out. Biff is such a legendary frontman. I was there screaming my arse off for Never Surrender and he started grinning and pointing. "Are you a fucking mindreader? Shall you and me just go and play the lottery or something? This is NEVER SURRENDER!"

I was in ecstacy. I was shitting myself that they wouldn't play it and then he announced it. One of the best nights I've had in months.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:22 PM

Send a message via MSN to Saxon Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyeddy View Post
Never having been to The Picturedrome before, I would have no hesitation in going to see bands there rather than the faceless Academy's at Manchester and the like.

I like the Academy's! Two and Three are cracking, intimate venues! I have seen Saxon there, and many other bands too. Haven't been to the Academy (the big 'un), since it's 'facelift' though, but it was a good venue previously
Old 11-04-2008, 01:22 AM

Nice to finally meet you Rattz!

www.last.fm/user/Paxoman