View Poll Results: Poll: Battering Ram
Love it - brilliant 7 46.67%
It's good, but not great 6 40.00%
It's ok 2 13.33%
Don't like it 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2015, 09:55 PM

Default Thoughts on Battering Ram

This new song has been released to relatively little publicity by the band.

But what do you think of it?

I quite like it, but I'm not vastly blown away.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:22 AM

It stays good in the memory the intro .. in fact the whole song.. The solo from Doug sounds familiar in the ears.. i've heard it somewhere before some parts (doesnt matter, its good) Paul's solo is surprising .. bass from Nibbs and what a splendid percusion from Mr Glockler, so happy to see him drumming on 110% again.. surprising good how such a person has recovered a miracle ! super top!
Old 08-13-2015, 09:13 AM

I like it but the chorus drops tempo and slows the song down.
It's mostly the chorus that first sticks In your head with a memorably song.
Certain songs make a big impression on first play but this one takes a few listens.
They should have upped the tempo of the chorus and made it more punchy/catchy and it would have had more chance of being a real hit.
Old 08-13-2015, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionessheart View Post
This new song has been released to relatively little publicity by the band.
I agree completely with you on this. It was only because of this Forum that I had any idea there was a forthcoming new single. The official website only listed it when it was released.

The management needs to take a serious look at itself here! Can you imagine Iron Maiden, Judas Priest or even Motorhead being so low key about a new release?

If there's no budget for big advertising, they should at least use the social media they have effectively!

Anyway, the song is seriously f**king good.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:47 AM

[QUOTE=Paul Quinn's Bandana;54616]

The management needs to take a serious look at itself here! Can you imagine Iron Maiden, Judas Priest or even Motorhead being so low key about a new release?

[QUOTE]

That is what I like about Saxon..Fans who wanne listen, they will come..It comes intrinsic from out of the fans themselfs and Saxon is of course not a product in the supermarket, that needs advertising..( advertising is massahysteric and artificial m.h.o.) If I find a good restaurant and the food is briljant, advertising is not needed..I will eat and buy, the super quality of the food is the best advertising.. Just like Saxon, the music is good and consistent of quality, it will sell on its own..just like a good car..do you need to promote a BMW ? I wished there would have never been managers in an organisation.. the workers do the job.. Saxons promotion is their consequent touring..like in the USA ..
Old 08-13-2015, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Quinn's Bandana View Post
If there's no budget for big advertising, they should at least use the social media they have effectively!
It was released via their social media very effectively, people have said for years that the website/forum should get announcements first.....................

however the "online world" has changed dramatically since this forum was set up - rightly or wrongly, Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, twitter etc. are quicker and easier mediums to release information to a much wider audience.

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL
Old 08-13-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
It was released via their social media very effectively, people have said for years that the website/forum should get announcements first.....................

however the "online world" has changed dramatically since this forum was set up - rightly or wrongly, Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, twitter etc. are quicker and easier mediums to release information to a much wider audience.
Yes, for me unfortunately it has changed

I like "Battering Ram" although it´s not the best Saxon song ever.
In any case I´m lucky and happy to be one of the first ones who saw them perform it live.
They played it on the Rockfels Festival, Loreley, Germany
A mate has taken some pictures. When he has sent them to me I will tr to post them here.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Quinn's Bandana View Post
I agree completely with you on this. It was only because of this Forum that I had any idea there was a forthcoming new single. The official website only listed it when it was released.

Anyway, the song is seriously f**king good.
It is one song from the new album - released early as a teaser. As the album is not out till October most of the promotion will be done then. The band is on the same label as Motörhead so you can expect to see the same sort of campaign/push that has been done for their new album, which is out this month.

It was posted on the website, the bands FB page, Twitter, etc and YouTube so they have the social media pretty well covered.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caflyergirl View Post
It is one song from the new album - released early as a teaser. As the album is not out till October most of the promotion will be done then. The band is on the same label as Motörhead so you can expect to see the same sort of campaign/push that has been done for their new album, which is out this month.

It was posted on the website, the bands FB page, Twitter, etc and YouTube so they have the social media pretty well covered.
The last Tweet from Saxon was on October 14, so they are not particularly well versed with the social media
Old 08-14-2015, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionessheart View Post
The last Tweet from Saxon was on October 14, so they are not particularly well versed with the social media
Well maybe not the Twitter but the rest are covered. And either way, I think the point is the bulk of the promotion will be done closer to the albums release in October.