Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > News / Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Default Saxon "Sacrifice" - New Video Clip!

The new Saxon "Sacrifice" (official) Video Clip 2013 is now online on YouTube.
Watch here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d_6BkhKPAk

More...
Old 02-25-2013, 03:14 PM

Best start to the week ive had in a while !!!!!
Old 02-25-2013, 08:29 PM

Best vid they've done for years Brilliant
Old 02-25-2013, 09:20 PM

Very Good!!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:39 PM

Thumbs up Just Watched It!

Good Stuff!! \m/
Old 02-25-2013, 10:39 PM

Awesome. I don't quite get the story but fabulous production. Can't wait to see them in a few weeks
Old 02-25-2013, 11:20 PM

Talking Sacrivideo!

I love it!!! and I want it all over the world so the others can see too
Old 02-26-2013, 10:29 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Schämsz
Default my personal opinion

Hi folks. This is my first impression of the official video clip.

Really have seen once only!!

Now I want to give my impression honestly. First Impression : Dark during all the complete video. Best actor for me-In this video- was Nibbs. Another cool thing was that Paul and Doug kicks sand up. In the beginning of this video i feel a bit bored. complete video are ok. Good effect was on the end where the band diasappear in smoke and the bass was fallen in the sand. I Repeat that was just my first impression. any comments??

The Drummer has Landed
Old 02-26-2013, 04:06 PM

This video doesn't really do much justice for the band. I realize that the band aren't actors, their musicians and concept videos where they're involved isn't their forte, but this video could have been done far, far better.

For starters, if I was hypothetically in charge, I would have focused more on the lyrical concept of the video and eased away from doing so many close-ups of the band's performance, I'd include snaps of them playing the song as they were already, but just try to balance more between concept and performance if you're gonna do bot a video. Secondly, I would have made the Aztec theme a little more pronounced, maybe an Aztec-style set or some props just to nod to what's being discussed, as opposed to the virginal-looking woman (Whom I assume was a reference to dressing virgins in white to symbolize their purity before being sacrificed) walking around ominously and hardly adding a great deal to suck the viewer in. And lastly, I probably would've gone for a colour-based video, the black and white look is artsy, but it doesn't do much for a band like Saxon whose imagery is more imaginative than that.

Obviously in this day and age modern music videos don't have quite the same effect as they did in the 80's where bands being on TV really mattered. These days unless you're a mainstream band or on a label where serious marketing masters are working at full force with big budgets then either the video budget is small, or the budget for getting airplay on TV is small. I just feel that, if a limited budget was the reason why the video is how it is, that it doesn't do the band any real favours. It is promotion, and I suppose it's better to have something than nothing at all, but I just can't help but think that with either a bigger budget or a better director this video could've been something superb.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:01 PM

The video is reasonable what you would kind of expect with budget and the band not being actors etc. Does the job well enough.

Noticed over at blabbermouth the sacrifice vid was in the news section. What was really encouraging but not a surprise was the feedback from members. Not too keen on blabbermouth as it can be a trollfest mostly on purpose but the response to the track sacrifice was very very positive. Some stating why hadnt they discovered the band before now ! and virtually all commented on the production and also the heavyness of the track. Looks like saxon could have made the perfect album just at the right time to hopefully gain them a bigger audience and the respect they deserve. Havt seen a bad or mediocre review if anything they have been more positive reviews than in a long time.