Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2011, 02:45 PM
Banned

Angry Saxon- After show discussion with Harvey Goldsmith

We get these video's years after they were done so I'm a little behind. I just watched this 2 part video on you tube with Saxon and Harvey Goldsmith called the after show discussion.

Biff looked pissed off, as did Nibbs and Nigel. It seemed to me that Saxon had to defend themselves most of the time. I didn't like how HG portrayed Saxon as did some of the people in the stands. I was pissed. I haven't yet had the chance to watch the actual TV show. I was sent a link which doesn't work, so I don't know which way to think. Maybe things on that show were said were meant to help, or hurt Biff and the boy's. Maybe they didn't get along but from what I saw they were downing my favorite band. I don't think I would have been so nice as Biff.

I don't like Harvey Goldsmith.

I don't like some of the other people in the crowd.

I sure wish I could have been there and also wish I could have seen the original show on channel 4.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:38 PM

I know what you mean. I saw it thx to a DVD that was sent to me by 'the one and only " mr. VALANX. () Somewhere on this forum I must have written something about that show..
Old 01-18-2011, 11:09 PM

Default tv show

it was a great programme,seeing the lads kick butt at the secret gig was awesome,the downer was harvey getting saxon to stand in front of thousands of perplexed football fans to try and attain the worlds biggest air guitar event, i couldnt watch,it was cringeworthy....my heart went out to saxon,and my hands for harveys throat!!
Old 01-31-2011, 07:35 PM

Don't worry, the Saxon guys gave as good as they got. Biff got arsey with the interviewer once which was funny. The whole thing was designed to get people going which is why you had some confrontational people there. But I thought Saxon came out on top, no matter how they were portrayed on the TV show or the after show interview stuff. Thomas was made to look stupid in the TV show too...which is just not the case. Aside from managing Saxon, you don't get to build Wacken into what it has become by being dense!

Old 02-08-2011, 10:27 PM

I watched this a couple of weeks ago, I remember the show (if anyone knows where to find it please let me know) I think the girl from classic rock was very harsh when she said that they wouldn't want Saxon on the front of their magazine, I think they would be a good candidate to be on the front. I do think it was a good idea for them to go on the show as it did give them some good publicity just a shame the 'Get Your Act together' programme would have been more popular. The band at the end of the show wasn't so great, I didn't think the shouting was necessary for a Saxon song.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMetallica View Post
I watched this a couple of weeks ago, I remember the show (if anyone knows where to find it please let me know) I think the girl from classic rock was very harsh when she said that they wouldn't want Saxon on the front of their magazine, I think they would be a good candidate to be on the front. I do think it was a good idea for them to go on the show as it did give them some good publicity just a shame the 'Get Your Act together' programme would have been more popular. The band at the end of the show wasn't so great, I didn't think the shouting was necessary for a Saxon song.
Ha ha! No it wasn't...but that's because our vocalist was too lazy (and stoned) to sing properly. Plus he forgot the words. Idiot! Thank God Biff saved at least part of the song

Old 02-17-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seakrieg View Post
Ha ha! No it wasn't...but that's because our vocalist was too lazy (and stoned) to sing properly. Plus he forgot the words. Idiot! Thank God Biff saved at least part of the song
God bless CHOKEHOLD

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL
Old 02-18-2011, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seakrieg View Post
Wow can't believe that was you on the show! Feel bad I said that now!
Old 02-18-2011, 04:58 PM

Don't worry about it mate
Agreed with you anyway!

Old 02-18-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
God bless CHOKEHOLD
Amen brother.
We may not have been the best band in the world...but at least we got off our asses and did it
The Saxon tour was ace!

Tags
channel 4, harvey goldsmith, saxon