Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2011, 09:00 PM

Default 48 hours...

In 48 hours I will be at Saxon's show at Jaxx in Springfield, VA. And in 72 hours I'll be at their show at Baltimore Soundstage in Charm City! I feel like I'm dreaming, it's so surreal! There isn't a word in any language to describe my excitement. I'm 21, so I fall on the younger end of the fan spectrum. Saxon captured me at first listen with Heavy Metal Thunder, discovering them about 5 years ago through reading about Stratovarius drummer Jorg Michael's playing with them on the Lionheart album.

I always joke that I was born in the wrong time. I fell in love with rock 'n roll when I was 9 years old through the likes of The Who, Zeppelin, ZZ Top and Lynyrd Skynrd. A year later on my 10th birthday, my cousin played Iron Maiden's "Wasted Years" and that was it for me. I never looked back, I had found my favorite band of all time and the genre of music that moved me in a way unlike anything else. Seeing Iron Maiden live was the most amazing moment of my life. I'm not even kidding! They had changed my life over the course of a 2 hour concert.

I feel very much the same way about seeing Saxon. They seethe with the spirit of rock 'n roll and pretty much embody the NWOBHM movement. I have a feeling my life is going to changed again this Friday and Saturday!

I just feel bad for my neck and eardrums...

The guys seem very humble and fan friendly even after 30+ years. I would be thrilled to meet them and grab a picture. Any tips (or names I should drop? haha) for getting a handshake or a picture or a chance to share a pint?
Old 10-12-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
The guys seem very humble and fan friendly even after 30+ years. I would be thrilled to meet them and grab a picture. Any tips (or names I should drop? haha) for getting a handshake or a picture or a chance to share a pint?
I'm sure you'll have a killer time for your 2 Saxon shows. To have a chance to actually meet them? Maybe if you can arrive near the venue in the afternoon, and stick near their tour bus. Then, you'll maybe have a chance to meet the guys. That's what I did in Denmark last year, and got the chance to chat a bit and take a pic with Biff, as well as talking with Paul and taking a pic with him and Doug. Very nice guys. Didn't have the chance to meet them last Monday in Montreal.

I thought it was very cool that Biff took the time in Montreal to name and thank the 2 opening bands (Heroik and Borealis). Then, later in the show, he thanked all the people for coming see the band tonight. I think it's the first time in 25 years of going at metal shows that the singer actually thanked the crowd for attending.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:11 PM

hope you have a good night mate. If it's only half as good as sheperds bush(uk) you will be in for a banging night mate........
Old 10-13-2011, 03:20 AM

Default Have a great time!!!

Hi Andy, wow, to me, to see Saxon last week just once after a 32 year wait was a dream come true. But to see Saxon twice and on back to back nights with the one in Baltimore being the last date on their U.S. tour, let's just say,
I am envious.
Biff and the boys will put on an awesome show for you and the rest of the fans in Springfield, Va. and Baltimore, Md. You will not be disappointed. I also hope your wish of getting to meet the band comes true. Good luck and enjoy those shows!!!
Make sure you take some pics/video and please post them for all of us here on the Saxon forum to see.

Patrick
Old 10-13-2011, 09:11 AM

Andy - enjoyed reading your post. ENJOY the show's

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL
Old 10-13-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
In 48 hours I will be at Saxon's show at Jaxx in Springfield, VA. And in 72 hours I'll be at their show at Baltimore Soundstage in Charm City! I feel like I'm dreaming, it's so surreal! There isn't a word in any language to describe my excitement. I'm 21, so I fall on the younger end of the fan spectrum. Saxon captured me at first listen with Heavy Metal Thunder, discovering them about 5 years ago through reading about Stratovarius drummer Jorg Michael's playing with them on the Lionheart album.

I always joke that I was born in the wrong time. I fell in love with rock 'n roll when I was 9 years old through the likes of The Who, Zeppelin, ZZ Top and Lynyrd Skynrd. A year later on my 10th birthday, my cousin played Iron Maiden's "Wasted Years" and that was it for me. I never looked back, I had found my favorite band of all time and the genre of music that moved me in a way unlike anything else. Seeing Iron Maiden live was the most amazing moment of my life. I'm not even kidding! They had changed my life over the course of a 2 hour concert.

I feel very much the same way about seeing Saxon. They seethe with the spirit of rock 'n roll and pretty much embody the NWOBHM movement. I have a feeling my life is going to changed again this Friday and Saturday!

I just feel bad for my neck and eardrums...

first of all hi from england best wishes, young man you are will get from saxon 100 per cent class shows, the memories will last a lifetime,trust me, they will sign things and have picture taken no problem, imho no1 for music,and no1 for way they treat the fans,enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyy the gigs.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon 1967 View Post
first of all hi from england best wishes, young man you are will get from saxon 100 per cent class shows, the memories will last a lifetime,trust me, they will sign things and have picture taken no problem, imho no1 for music,and no1 for way they treat the fans,enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyy the gigs.
Well said mate. Hope you are felling detter from a few mouth's ago? See you at koko' in dec if all go's well.......