Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2007, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandinavian101 View Post
I'm sure the two shows together will turn out to be good for ticket sales in light of the increased media exposure referred to in Biff's latest blog.
It's probably not the done thing to quote yourself, so sorry if I sound like a twat, but I just re-read my post and it occurred to me that, as things have turned out, it's a stoke of luck those UK tour dates had to be postponed isn't it?
Old 04-13-2007, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandinavian101 View Post
It's probably not the done thing to quote yourself, so sorry if I sound like a twat, but I just re-read my post and it occurred to me that, as things have turned out, it's a stoke of luck those UK tour dates had to be postponed isn't it?
Don't get the conspiracy theorists started

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL
Old 04-13-2007, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim 747 sykes View Post
please tell me if there is a way of retrieving all the posts that we all put onto this forum prior to the revamp , as i loved reading the old stuff
wasp tomorrow roll on......
The old forum still exists http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/saxon-188/ if thats what you mean?

Enjoy Wasp, wish i was going
Old 04-13-2007, 05:08 PM

cheer for the link valanx and fingers
much appreciated
just read some of sammis jokes hahahaha
yeah cant wait for wasp , there new album is a must , really goes back to the headless children stuff
quality........
i love this time of year its concert after concert and festival after festival it really does make the sacrifice of eating dry bread and water all winter so much gratifying
ill post about wasp on sunday sometime , its a new venue as well ,leeds Rios so ill give you my verdict of that too
till later
Old 04-13-2007, 05:59 PM

Yeah id be really interested in hearing about the wasp show, if you take any pics can you post them too please?

Deffo getting the new CD !
Old 04-13-2007, 06:24 PM

It seems the program has done it's job to a certain degree.There are 23 comments on the classic rock magazine website,more than any other another news story has generated.well done XRWoody some great comments from you.
http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/p...on_on#comments
Old 04-13-2007, 06:52 PM

Default Saxon, Television, Website Fury, Lincolnshire etc...

It's all got a bit heated over at the Classic Rock site. I understand the, shall we say, 'fury' over Sian's comments that she wouldn't put Saxon on the cover, but she didn't mean she wouldn't put 'em on the cover because they're rubbish, she was only being realstic in the face of the bean-counters. Magazines are businesses, after all, and who goes on the cover (as Scott Rowley eloquently explains) is, sadly, about 'bums on seats' (what a tawdry metaphor ... my apologies).

As to Saxon 'emselves, like I said in my gig review, they were bloody marvellous. It's a real shame everyone can't get to watch a band perform like this ... it was so good it actually felt beneficial to my health (though perhaps not my ears). Maybe if Channel 4 hadn't been trying to give off the impression the club was half-empty, more of the hundreds of people who queued up outside (many of whom knew it was Saxon playing despite the crap spouted on the documentary) could have got in to experience what was a cracker of a show. Hats off to Saxon for rattlin' our teeth anyway, they deserved a full house.

I was actually pretty unfamiliar with the band until I saw them in Lincoln and was so bowled over by them I've not stopped banging on about 'em since. I suppose if this risible little TV show does anything it at least introduces people such as m'self to a band I was unfamiliar with (I'm afraid I'm one of those miserable Pink Floyd types - takes all sorts to make a world) and, at the very least, increases their sales.

Oh, and sorry for the 'ugly mugs' comment - I meant it with affection - I'm no oil painting m'self etc etc.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B P Perry View Post
It's all got a bit heated over at the Classic Rock site. I understand the, shall we say, 'fury' over Sian's comments that she wouldn't put Saxon on the cover, but she didn't mean she wouldn't put 'em on the cover because they're rubbish, she was only being realstic in the face of the bean-counters. Magazines are businesses, after all, and who goes on the cover (as Scott Rowley eloquently explains) is, sadly, about 'bums on seats' (what a tawdry metaphor ... my apologies)..
BP Welcome aboard ! Fair play Sian was and is answerable to the bean counters but she did a much better job than the guy from Metal Hammer who when asked the same question came back with "I can't answer that" the interviewer then said "you are from Metal Hammer?" to which he replied "Yes" right will you ever put Saxon on the cover? and we got a very straight forward "I can't answer that" ! Work that one out if you can

And don't forget the guys from Kerrap couldn't even be @rsed to get involved.

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL
Old 04-13-2007, 07:09 PM

Sometimes working for a magazine is like working for the FBI Fingers.

Is Kerrang still on the go? Well I'll be ...
Old 04-13-2007, 07:45 PM

Hi there...
I seen WASP in Glasgow last night. Terrific show. Worth going to see just for the mike stand. You will enjoy the show. I think they played a shorter set last night - maybe just over an hour but the band have to finish by about ten as there is a studenty club on at night.

I'd prefer if the played more old stuff but the new songs sounded great.

Enjoy yerself at Leeds.

Last edited by anji-san; 04-14-2007 at 12:51 AM.