Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2012, 02:51 PM

Default Last Saxon album and tour???

This part of the news that announce the April 2013 tour freaks me a bit:

Biff Byford says: “People have been asking me if this is going to be our last album and tour - we don’t know yet we’ll see how it goes.”

The band is as good as ever, the guys seem to be still in good shape. I know touring all over the world is hard, but I really hope the end of Saxon is not coming near...
Old 11-01-2012, 05:34 PM

every saxon fan in the world does not want this,but every great thing comes to a end.saxon has been a massive part of the fans life over the years, i said to some forum members i felt this could be the last one, go out on a high is always the best way, if this the end make a sacrifice and where ever you are in the world see them on tour.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:56 PM

Saxon, much like bands like Iron Maiden have all been asked the same thing, in Maiden's case they've basically said the end is in sight but it's not going to be anytime in the future. I doubt Saxon will pack it in next year after the album and tour, I think they have enough sand in the hourglass to carry on for a good few years yet. Biff's voice is as good as ever (I believe he's gotten better as he's gotten older, something that few aging Metal singers can claim), Nigel can still pound the skins in top fashion and Doug, Paul and Nibbs still know their ways around the strings so unless they just can't make a living then I doubt they'll give in soon.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:19 PM

Default eternal flame.

perhaps they'll do a Quo and do a end of the road tour, 1,2 & 3 , pulling the punters in in throngs every time for that last farewell gig.

When they do call it a day, what will happen to this site ?
Old 11-01-2012, 09:43 PM

Default The end

If this is the end i will be heartbroken(really).I hope they don't leave us yet.Since hearing the band for the first time in 1980 they have been my musical passion and i have never missed a tour since.The day SAXON stop a part of me will be gone forever.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:58 PM

I really hate questions like that, when Saxon quits, they will say, I feel these sort of questions are more like trying to nudge them to quit, almost like wishful thinking by those who constantly ask.

Something I saw on the back of my Lynyrd Skynyrd fan pack rings true for any band and Saxon is no exception - "If the fans walk away, then we walk away. But the fans kept on coming" - if Biff sees his fans coming back wanting more, then it may inspire a renewed youth within him, granted he is past 60 years old but there are artists (from other genres, granted softer than Rock and Metal) like Tom Jones and Engelbert Humperdinck for example who are going past 70!!!

As I said, I wish questions like this will not pop up because I think it is badgering Biff to hang up the mic - I thank God when an old band like Saxon brings out a new album and still goes strong.

When God forbid, the dreaded day comes, we can all play our albums and thank Biff and those who went on the journey (and got off) for his services to music.

Stalk me on LastFM
Old 11-01-2012, 10:31 PM

When they call it quits, they do. And we should respect that decision, when the day comes. However, the band looks like they're in great shape and as long as they have fun making music and going on the road, I tell you one thing, I'll go out and buy the albums, DVDs, t-shirts, and go see them live, because Saxon are simply the best at what they do.

In my opinion, Saxon regularly blow bands out of the water live who are 30 and more years their juniors.

Last edited by Fabs; 11-03-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:04 AM

With all due respect I have to say fuck you to metaleloi666 for bringing this subject up. (I'm joking metaleloi666 and it's the beer talking) Let's talk about the new album...something positive. But on a side note I want to say if there's a race to be the best/biggest NWOBHM band Saxon is on pace to win. Keep the faith boys.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:39 PM

we would all like our fav band to go on forever, but without getting silly about things i would like to think that saxon has one more studio album in them (at least ) after the sacrifice album which im really looking forward to big time.

Evan if they cut down on the amount of touring dates they do, but still make albums, ( isent that what judas priest are going to do after this world tour ).

Yeah i love watching saxon live but id rather have more saxon albums then the tours then no saxon at all, obv cause i love there music.

Anyhow there very last studio album should be called, The Final Flight.

I to would feel heartbroken if this was saxons last studio album, Like i say i do feel they have at least one more studio album in them. We must not forget it isent all that long ago that saxon went through all that court stuff to keep there name.

For now im looking forward to sacrifice. cool name by the way. And praying this isent saxons last.

Rock em saxon. you guys are our Number 1.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:12 PM

Smile

For now im looking forward to sacrifice. cool name by the way. And praying this isent saxons last.

Rock em saxon. you guys are our Number 1.[/QUOTE]

This is well spoken, mate.