Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Smalltalk & Spam
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747rick View Post
Tank - War Nation (2012)

I'm posting it again because now I've listened to it three times in a row I just want to say WOW what a cracking good album and it deserves a post by itself
Excellent stuff.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrider View Post
Excellent stuff.
I haven't listened to it, I have the entire back catalog of Tank including "War Machine" and my favorite album is "Still At War", Algy Ward's last album as lead vocals/Bass, I just love the strong tone of their guitars on that, I managed to achieve a similar tone on my Strat I fixed up over the weekend.

I feel that Doogie White is of a more radio friendly (if I used the right words here) singer than Algy Ward, (don't get me wrong, Doogie White is a great singer but doesn't recreate the atmosphere that Algy Ward made and that was the main weak point of War Machine, still a respectable album though)

Stalk me on LastFM
Old 06-06-2012, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Hawke View Post
I haven't listened to it, I have the entire back catalog of Tank including "War Machine" and my favorite album is "Still At War", Algy Ward's last album as lead vocals/Bass, I just love the strong tone of their guitars on that, I managed to achieve a similar tone on my Strat I fixed up over the weekend.

I feel that Doogie White is of a more radio friendly (if I used the right words here) singer than Algy Ward, (don't get me wrong, Doogie White is a great singer but doesn't recreate the atmosphere that Algy Ward made and that was the main weak point of War Machine, still a respectable album though)
Granted it's a very different Tank these days and I suspect if you were a big fan of the older albums this one won't change your mind much, but I think its a big step up from War Machine. I haven't heard Doogie sing the older material yet so cannot comment on that but if you can perhaps just listen to it with an open mind then it is one cracking Metal/Hard Rock album.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Tank - War Nation (2012)
I typed in Youtube 'tank' and all I get is some badman rapper. I hope this isn't who you lot are listing to
Old 06-07-2012, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMetallica View Post
I typed in Youtube 'tank' and all I get is some badman rapper. I hope this isn't who you lot are listing to
I Only listen to him on special occasions
Old 06-07-2012, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Granted it's a very different Tank these days and I suspect if you were a big fan of the older albums this one won't change your mind much, but I think its a big step up from War Machine. I haven't heard Doogie sing the older material yet so cannot comment on that but if you can perhaps just listen to it with an open mind then it is one cracking Metal/Hard Rock album.
In my view, the sound of the "Still At War" album should have defined 21st century metal, I love all the other albums, especially the self titled L.P. (Reign of Thunder song can be defined as "f*cking amazing")

I like "War Machine", it is just I thought "Still At War" is their strongest album to date - and yes, I will get their new album and enjoy it, and I am hoping they will return to Prestatyn's Hard Rock Hell (or better still, Cardiff as I can stay with relatives in the Rhondda) when (or if in this stupid cash climate of austerity) I have a sustainable flow of money coming into my pocket

MattMetallica: try typing "Tank NWOBHM", "Tank Metal Band", that usually works for me

Stalk me on LastFM
Old 06-07-2012, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Hawke View Post
and I am hoping they will return to Prestatyn's Hard Rock Hell
Hard Rock Hell and Hammerfest have moved from Prestatyn to the new larger Haven site at Hafan y Môr in Pwllheli.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Hard Rock Hell and Hammerfest have moved from Prestatyn to the new larger Haven site at Hafan y Môr in Pwllheli.
Brilliant, I can make it by train easy!

Would be Brilliant if Saxon was there too (hint hint Biff...)

EDIT: You got the circumflex accent on top of the "o" in Hafan Y Môr, I'm impressed

Stalk me on LastFM

Last edited by J-Hawke; 06-07-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:24 PM

Rolling Stones Love You Live.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:47 PM

The Scorpions, Rock You Like A Hurricane

Perfect song for this kind of weather, I have some floods in my area, I never knew I had a lake nearby

Stalk me on LastFM