Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2010, 12:20 PM

Hi!

Is there a definitive list of the extras included on this DVD set yet?
I recall reading a while back that it could include TWO complete concerts as well as the main feature, but I can't find anything definite online as to what's going to be included here. Thanks.

REAL GONE --- Rock reviews & more
Old 03-07-2010, 07:07 PM

Send a message via MSN to Nick_the_VII_Saxon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGone View Post
I recall reading a while back that it could include TWO complete concerts as well as the main feature, but I can't find anything definite online as to what's going to be included here. Thanks.
exact, and these include recent lives of St George with brillant list as SIXTH FORM GIRLS was played and this Paul Quinn's solo make me go insane!

nick_saxon@hotmail.fr
Old 03-11-2010, 01:31 AM

Hi Realgone,
Here's a quick preview of the Special Edition DVD contents (cryptic titles only):

HMT The Movie (the Special Edition edit)
St George's Day 2008
Bremen 1981 concert
Building the Labyrinth
On a Crusade
No Excuses
The Eagle and the Bomber

It's over six hours worth of material. There's also some really good extra stuff which hasn't made the DVD (we set the bar really high) which we may put online later (we'll try and find a way to keep it exclusive to purchasers).
Cheers,
Coolhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGone View Post
Hi!

Is there a definitive list of the extras included on this DVD set yet?

REAL GONE --- Rock reviews & more
Old 03-11-2010, 02:24 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Janet

Six hours? Wow. this is worth the wait for sure. I want a quality product. Don't worry about the time. (speaking for myself only here)
Old 03-11-2010, 05:34 AM

Wow, that's a jam packed DVD, can't wait!

Have ask the question though Coolhead...any update as to when you think it'll ship?
Old 03-11-2010, 09:28 AM

Send a message via MSN to Nick_the_VII_Saxon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Six hours? Wow. this is worth the wait for sure. I want a quality product. Don't worry about the time. (speaking for myself only here)
and there we say PROUD TO BE SAXON FAN!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 111.jpg (3.5 KB, 4 views)

nick_saxon@hotmail.fr
Old 03-11-2010, 11:50 AM

Thanks for the update, Coolhead. Quite keen to see the Bremen 1981 footage. I've been a bit of a lapsed fan of late...so I was hoping one of the full gigs on this was going to be an early one. I may have to pick this up.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:09 PM

I'm hoping we'll send it to the manufacturers early next week. I can't see any other problems on the horizon...

Now I've said that there's bound to be something else which will come and bite me on the arse and put it back again...
Fingers crossed, eh?
Coolhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsaxonfan View Post
Wow, that's a jam packed DVD, can't wait!

Have ask the question though Coolhead...any update as to when you think it'll ship?
Old 03-19-2010, 06:24 PM

Default An update from Coolhead on the Movie

An update from Coolhead re. the movie, which I appreciate and hope you guys do to.

Hi all,

Sincere apologies for the continued delay in getting the DVDs of Saxon: Heavy Metal Thunder out to you.

As well as the extra footage found by Biff (see his note below), Paul Quinn has also just managed to scan his photo archive and has emailed it to us for inclusion in the film. That’s all done now, and we’re just waiting for the last legal document to be signed before sending it all off for authoring and manufacturing. We’re hoping this will happen on Monday (fingers crossed no pun intended ), and then it will be two weeks before it gets sent out to you all.

It won't be long now and we honestly can't wait for you to see it.

It's been a true labour of love, one that we've enjoyed making with you, and we greatly value your patience and support, as do Saxon. Without you, this film could not have been made.

There's no doubt in our minds that when you sit down to watch the film, and all of the amazing extra’s we’ve crammed in (over 6 hours worth of material, with even more stuff which we’re planning to make available online to purchasers), you'll agree it’s been worth the wait. We're looking forward to holding our copies in our hands too.

We can now reveal a finalised list of the DVD contents:
· Heavy Metal Thunder – The Movie
· Saxon Live in Germany in 1981
· St George’s Day concert 2008
· The Eagle & the Bomber – on tour with Motorhead, ’79 – ‘09
· On a Crusade – Archive interviews from recording ‘Crusader’
· No Excuses – Archive footage from the ‘Innocence is No Excuse’ recording sessions
· Building the Labyrinth – Recording ‘Into the Labyrinth’

Two other bits of news: we’re being featured in next month’s Classic Rock Magazine – we’re part of a feature on rock documentaries, and a specially-edited 15-minute segment of the film is being included on a free DVD given away with the mag. It tells the tale of Saxon’s first tour with Motorhead in 1979 and is very entertaining. It’s slightly different to the version on the actual DVD because we were only allowed to use two music tracks on the Classic Rock segment (there’s loads of music on the full DVD version).

We’re also looking to smash our way into the UK DVD music charts. Only UK sales count, so if you’re from the UK and know someone who hasn’t bought the DVD yet, get them to do it NOW! I’m sure you agree, it would be great to see Saxon in the charts again, getting the recognition they deserve. All we need is another 150 UK sales (and for Michael Jackson to gracefully leave the charts) and we could have a number one!

If you have any comments or questions, please send them to SaxonHMTMovie@rocketmail.com where we’ll try to reply to them as soon as we can.

Kindest regards,

Coolhead Productions.

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL
Old 03-19-2010, 08:04 PM

Great, can't wait!

Tags
heavy, metal, movie, thunder