Default Saxon in Sweden! (Gothenburg)

Saxon Setlist:

1.State of Grace
2.Let Me Feel Your Power
3.Motorcycle Man
4.If I Was You
5.Strong Arm of the Law
6.20.000 Feet
7.The Great White Buffalo (not 100% sure)
8.The Thin Red Line
9.Are We Travellers In Time
10.To Hell And Back Again
11.Red Star Falling
12.Killing Ground
13.Princess Of The Night
14.Crusader
15.I've Got To Rock (To Stay Alive)
16.Attila The Hun
17. Medley Dallas 1 P.M.747 (Strangers In The Night). And The Bands Played On
18. Guitar Solo
19. Wheels Of Steel
20. Don`t remember
21. Denim And Leather (short version)
22. Ashes To Ashes

The venue was totally pact and it was insane .

Hellfueled

I had only heard one song from them. I did not think they where any good at all. All songs sounded the same, but the frontman/singer was really good.
He sounded like a mixture of Ozzy and Joacim Cans (Hammerfall). They played for 25 min.

Masterplan

They where really good live. I have heard alot saying that they really stink live. That was not the case here!. It felt like they where the headliner, but that was until Saxon came out. The drummer Mike Terrana was completly insane. He cant be human!.No words can describe his drumsolo! He destroyed his snare drum (They changed it) and there was some problem with one of his basdrums (that was not during the solo). He also dropped his drumsticks three times! They played for 45min.

Saxon

The hole place was covered in smoke. It was imposible to see anything, but after a while the smoke began to disapear and the band came in. The fans was starting to headbang like crazy and thet sang along the hole time :P. Biff was jumping around and headbanged alot the hole time also. After one song Biff took a sign from a fan and hanged it on the drums, but it was impossible to see Nigel then. The sign said "SAXON (something more) please play Lionheart for Gothenburg", but they did not play that song. They did play some rare live songs like The Thin Red Line and Killing Ground

After about 8 songs. Biff said that they don`t like the new soundvolume laws in sweden and he said. "Lets pretend this is a underground show". After that the sound was louder.

Later on Biff took out his videocamera and he said that they filmed the stockholm gig, but it was not recorded so they filmed this consert and they will put it on the site :P. He joked and said that his camera don`t like people from Stockholm .

They handed out and throw water at the croud in front a couple of times, but only for the people at the left and right side. Not in the middle . and why did they not play Heavy metal thunder?

This was one of the best consert I have seen

They played for 2h 5m
Old 05-11-2007, 11:40 AM

Yes, a fucking great show! They didn't play Great White Buffalo though, that's for sure, but I can't recall which other track it was! Have to agree on Hellfueled, they were pretty slow yet their music is fast, Masterplan was pretty ok. I liked that they played Killing Ground too, a nice live track (but still without the bass and guitar solo.. which is like the best parts of the song -put it back! ).
Old 05-11-2007, 01:45 PM

It wasn't packed really, I had plenty more room than I had in Stockholm and I think the gig in Stockholm was more intense (and it sure was packed - like standing on each other packed - but the venue in Gothenburg is bigger) but still it was fantastic yet again - of course.

Did they actually play something between 20.000 feet and Thin red line? If so, I can't remember it either - but not Great white buffalo anyway.

The difference between the setlists Stockholm - Gothenburg was that instead of The thin red line and Travellers in time in Stockholm we got a choice between Dogs of war and Killing ground, of course they played them both anyway, and then another choice between Requiem and Solid ball of rock, and again they played them both . Very nice. Requiem was nice but so was the version of Thin red line - and surprising. I also think I've got to rock was great in Gothenburg, very heavy. Even though Biff messed it up a bit no problem. And I got to hear Crusader twice, you can't beat that song .
And the encores in Stockholm were

Atila the hun
And the bands played on
Wheels of steel

and

Witchfinder general
Denim and leather (I just love this live - it really kicks and I love it when they gather up on stage and headbang together, very cool)
Ashes to ashes

Biff did film in Stockholm but something went wrong with the camera which is a shame as, like I said, in Stockholm it really was packed and very intense.

Man, did I feel like an outsider with the crowd reactions when he talked about Stockholm...

I drove down for them and then drove home straight after (that's a 10-11 hour drive in total), I was home around 4 in the morning and just woke up and as always after Saxon I feel great, totally worth it of course - just can't get enough of Saxon, but there's also that bit of an empty feeling after they have come and gone - when to see them again?

Last edited by Patte; 05-11-2007 at 10:54 PM.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:57 PM

Send a message via MSN to Saxon Chick

Great reviews, glad you all had a great time!
Old 05-11-2007, 10:09 PM

Nice review lads.

www.last.fm/user/Paxoman
Old 05-11-2007, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patte View Post
- when to see them again?
Glasgow?!!

Didn't you go to either the Glasgow or Edinburgh gig last time Patte? If so, you should go to Glasgow next Saturday!

www.last.fm/user/Paxoman
Old 05-11-2007, 11:04 PM

Yeah, I was at the Liquid room in Edinburgh 2005 and I sure would love to go to Glasgow again, or maybe Dublin this time, and see Saxon. I actually had plans for that on this tour too but unfortunately it seems I just can't afford it.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:23 PM

So I guess the camera didn't like people from Gothenburg either...?
Old 05-12-2007, 03:40 PM

Paxoman, you really got me thinking about it now. I'm checking it out, I might just be there next saturday...
How's tickets to the Garage?
Old 05-12-2007, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patte View Post
So I guess the camera didn't like people from Gothenburg either...?
So it seems, but hopefully they're just late. I watched the clip from Thessaloniki and it wasn't a very steady picture you know? not implying anything about Biff's camera skills here, but maybe the camera messed it up again Did anyone who went to Malmö hear if Biff mentioned anything?