Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Tickets / Merch
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-04-2011, 12:01 AM
DJK DJK is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Stirling, Scotland
Posts: 29
Default HMT country specific t-shirts

Having a look at the mechandise and noticed the HMT t-shirts with the Union Flag say "England" rather than "Britain".
That is a shame as I would have bought one otherwise.
Unless there are plans to make up one with the Saltire and "Scotland" on it!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Big Teaser's Avatar
Big Teaser Big Teaser is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 614
Default

Will wait and see at Edinburgh gig as we might be pleasantly surprised. Fingers crossed.
__________________
Wee Teaser
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-07-2011, 11:30 PM
Lionheart747's Avatar
Lionheart747 Lionheart747 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In England's pleasant South East Region
Posts: 894
Default

DJK and Big Teaser, i ordered and got the England tour shirt, it has every date they have played this year printed on the back, right upto the last date on their UK tour.
__________________
DENIM AND LEATHER BROUGHT US ALL TOGETHER:
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-08-2011, 01:14 AM
Schämsz's Avatar
Schämsz Schämsz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Wiesbaden middle of Germany
Posts: 1,222
Send a message via Skype™ to Schämsz
Default

What is with the Irish Folk? I think they dont make a tourshirt for ireland.... Lol!!!
__________________
...THE EAGLE HAS LANDED...


The Drummer has Landed
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-15-2011, 04:51 AM
NZ Metalhead's Avatar
NZ Metalhead NZ Metalhead is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pukekohe, New Zealand
Posts: 18
Default

I bet there won't be one with a New Zealand flag on there.

They'd have to come and tour here first
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-15-2011, 12:52 PM
DJK DJK is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Stirling, Scotland
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart747 View Post
DJK and Big Teaser, i ordered and got the England tour shirt, it has every date they have played this year printed on the back, right upto the last date on their UK tour.
Think your missing my point.
It's the UNION flag that's on the shirt. The flag of the UK not only England. Therefore it should read "Britain" especially as the tour is the UK!
Now if they did a shirt with the Union Flag and "Scotland" written on it that would be a satisfactory compromise.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-15-2011, 12:53 PM
DJK DJK is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Stirling, Scotland
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schämsz View Post
What is with the Irish Folk? I think they dont make a tourshirt for ireland.... Lol!!!
Irish! Where did that come from?
I'm Scottish mate. Big difference!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-15-2011, 03:20 PM
Fingers's Avatar
Fingers Fingers is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Angmering
Posts: 3,191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJK View Post
Irish! Where did that come from?
I'm Scottish mate. Big difference!
There is a Northern Irish date maybe that is what Schamsz means and FWIW I agree with you it should at the least say Britain not England on the shirt.
__________________
WE WILL REMEMBER

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-15-2011, 08:00 PM
747rick's Avatar
747rick 747rick is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Wrexham, Wales
Posts: 2,824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJK View Post
Think your missing my point.
It's the UNION flag that's on the shirt. The flag of the UK not only England. Therefore it should read "Britain" especially as the tour is the UK!
Now if they did a shirt with the Union Flag and "Scotland" written on it that would be a satisfactory compromise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
There is a Northern Irish date maybe that is what Schamsz means and FWIW I agree with you it should at the least say Britain not England on the shirt.
100% agree. Should be Union Flag with Britain/UK or Individual nation flags with Scotland etc. However it's done, at the moment it's wrong!!

Last edited by 747rick; 12-15-2011 at 08:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-16-2011, 03:13 PM
DJK DJK is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Stirling, Scotland
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747rick View Post
100% agree. Should be Union Flag with Britain/UK or Individual nation flags with Scotland etc. However it's done, at the moment it's wrong!!
Other than cost issues then it wouldn't have been too difficult to do a limited edition run of Union Flag shirts with "Scotland" and "Northern Ireland" on them.

Apologies for getting on my high horse about this but, as you may gather, it's something that bugs me. And has done for years!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.