Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2011, 01:16 AM

Default Canada 2011

Canada welcomes you with open arms Saxon....thank you for returning after all these years///
Please think about adding Dallas 1pm into the set for us not fortunate enough to have witnessed its glory live....
Old 10-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Banned

Yeah that was one song missing from Detroits show. It's ok, one is left out, another ball breaking anthem takes it's place. I'll tell you now who are going to the shows the rest of the way- the new album will rock you to the core. Call to Arms is the best.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:05 PM

I saw on setlist.fm that they played Surviving Against the Odds in the last few shows, but not in Montreal yesterday. We got instead for the very first time of the tour Play It Loud, and To Hell And Back Again.

Great show by Biff and the boys, really cramped stage though, so no room for the big Saxon flag behind Nigel...
Biff said that they won't take another 25 years to come back to Montreal...

Thanks for playing Canada!! And come back again soon!! I talked to so many long-time fans that were so happy to finally have the chance to see Saxon live.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:01 AM

Default Toronto Show

Another great show but then we have come to expect that, haven't we?! Not too many bands will ever outplay these guys live. The songs were a good mix of old and new and I have to admit, I am not the biggest fan of Call To Arms (the album) but heard live, different kettle of fish.
A pretty good crowd too - saw a few old Saxon shirts that seem to have shrunk over the years...
The set list was similar to what Saxon has been playing on this leg of the tour with a couple of tweaks. As per Crusader1's request, we got Dallas 1PM. Also heard And The Bands Played On and To Hell And Back Again, which seem to be played at some shows and not others. The flip side was that we didn't get Battalions Of Steel or Demon Sweeney Todd which was a bit of a disappointment. Just goes to show you that the mighty Saxon have so many good songs that there will never be a set list to please everybody. No complaints. Hopefully, though, it won't be another 25 years before they make another appearance....
Old 10-12-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucklehead View Post
Not too many bands will ever outplay these guys live. Just goes to show you that the mighty Saxon have so many good songs that there will never be a set list to please everybody. No complaints.
Sounds like you had a blast and good points made

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL
Old 10-12-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucklehead View Post
Just goes to show you that the mighty Saxon have so many good songs that there will never be a set list to please everybody...
This is true. I wish they could have played all night but I was completely happy with the setlist we got. It was a 2 hour show that was extremely high energy most bands half their age couldn't do. We still got the majority of the classics. I was hoping to hear Solid Ball of Rock and Dogs of War but oh well. Hopefully, they'll come back again in a year or two instead of 23 years!
Old 10-12-2011, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marktheshark View Post
Hopefully, they'll come back again in a year or two instead of 23 years!
I hope they'll be happy enough with the crowd numbers they got to come back in Canada soon. How many people attended the Toronto show? In Montreal, I'd say 350-400, which is not too bad I think, and the crowd was really noisy and very much into the band.

But when they get only 100-150 people at some US shows, that must not be too pleasant for such a killer live band to think of coming back in North America for another "real" tour like this year...
Old 10-12-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaleloi666 View Post
How many people attended the Toronto show? In Montreal, I'd say 350-400, which is not too bad I think, and the crowd was really noisy and very much into the band.
There was probably around the same amount of people at the Toronto show. I guessed 500 but it's hard to tell at club shows because people move around and I was right near the front most of the time. The crowd in Toronto was very noisy as well and the band seemed very happy with the reaction.

Here's hoping they come back to Canada soon!
Old 10-13-2011, 02:36 AM

>>>drops to one knee>>>thank you so much for accepting this request if it was indeed this message that made that happen>>>For me words can't even come close to describing how I felt as Biff said they would do this song for the first time on the tour....Thank you for a great evening...please return to us soon!
Old 10-31-2011, 04:05 AM

Finally saw you guys after all these years! Biff you were the total kick-ass here in Montreal!

Took some pics of you guys too:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7427900...7627867558008/