Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > The Market Place
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2012, 01:40 PM

Default Can anyone help ?

Hi everyone i am trying to get the HEAVY METAL THUNDER THE MOVIE DVD. Being a total twat (would call myself worse but cant print it ) i never pre ordered or bought the thing when it was right in front of me so cant blame anyone or anything other than myself for the situation im in. So if there is someone out there with 2 or anyone can let me know where i can purchase one it woul be very much appreciated. All the best Stuart (Big Teaser)
Old 02-18-2012, 01:54 PM

I've been looking for that film for absolutely ages I didn't realise it was a limited edition DVD at the time so i'm kinda kicking myself as well for not buying it when I had the chance.

someone put up their copy on ebay last December and I was in a real bidding war for it with some other dude but in the end both of us were outbid at the last second by someone else it went for 60!
Old 02-18-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearded Hammer View Post
I've been looking for that film for absolutely ages I didn't realise it was a limited edition DVD at the time so i'm kinda kicking myself as well for not buying it when I had the chance.

someone put up their copy on ebay last December and I was in a real bidding war for it with some other dude but in the end both of us were outbid at the last second by someone else it went for 60!
Annoying thing is could have bought signed copy for 30 at April gig but i guess thats what i get.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:22 PM

Aw thats gutting mate a signed copy would have been awesome I wish they would re-issue it because there seems to be a lot of Saxon fans looking for it.

the only thing I can advise is keep checking on ebay another one could pop up at some point but if it does be prepared for a bidding war because that one copy that came up did garner a lot of interest from a few people.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:04 PM

The thing is, there was meant to be a standard edition released but it sort of went very quiet. It was advertised all over the place as due out soon then everyone pulled the ads. I know the guy I use for buying stuff wasn't very happy because he had loads of people preordering and then it was canned without warning.

I'm lucky enough to have a special edition but does anyone know if the standard version is ever going to see the light of day or what the reasons were for not releasing it in the first place because I'm sure there are a lot of people around who would like a copy!! I have about 5-6 mates who didn't want to pay up front for the SE but did want to get the film eventually!!
Old 02-18-2012, 06:54 PM

I was VERY lucky and got my limited version direct from Coolhead via amazon.
Looks like it was maybe one of the last copies.
Didn't realise the the std version wasn't available either until i did a search this morning hoping to find a supplier for you,
Coolheads contact details still come up though so i'd give them a call.
Even though they state its no longer available i'm sure they could give some answers.

http://coolheadproductions.com/SAXONDVD/

Here's the contact email for the dvd enquiries

SaxonHMTMovie@rocketmail.com

Last edited by zed1015; 02-18-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:59 AM

Cheers zed1015 emailed them before posting on here but no reply yet but will keep fingers crossed something comes up. Thanks again.