Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 08:32 PM

Default 3 december dates..but no re scheduled hatfield date

Hello all..just a little dissapointed that saxon have forgotten about re scheduling the posponed hatfield gig..i see there are 3 dates in december, but nothing in the uk..this would have been a great chance to use the uk as a warm up before going overseas..even if the hafield forum wasnt available , im sure there would be a similar venue available , i know its not easy putting a gig.. on but some of us didnt get a refund on our tickets because we thought there would be another gig..im not critisising the band , saxon are and always will be one of the best british metal bands , i just want to see them live..plain and simple..how about a december date chaps ?..after all...it will be xmas !

Last edited by ironmaiden1966; 10-16-2012 at 08:55 PM. Reason: hatfield replacement
Old 10-16-2012, 11:34 PM

Unhappy Having a bad day

I need my hatfield gig
Old 10-17-2012, 12:55 AM

Default berne / holland warm up show

im just thinking that its an ideal time to kill 2 birds with 1 stone...re arrange the postponed hatfield gig , as i said before , maybe a different venue , we will travel ! plus its a warm up for the berne xmas gig...when saxon played at hard rock hell a couple of years ago , they came from the studio during the recording of the 'a call to arms' album..the gig was a blinder , one of the best..anyone else agree , that they would like to see a saxon show this december ?..cheers
Old 10-17-2012, 09:26 PM

Also kept my Hatfield tickets but would not like a December gig as it would be too near Xmas for me with flights and accom again. Would just be happy with a gig in Jan or Feb or even an extra gig for me at next tour. But still enjoyed the gig that never was in St Albans (memories).
Old 10-17-2012, 10:12 PM

Cool Saxon gigs

At least you folks are getting some gigs. We don't see enough of Saxon in the States these days.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:30 AM

Default no one seems to bothered about hatfield

i thought there would have been more comments about the gig not being re-scheduled...it took three months for me to get a refund , and i notice that elsewhere on the site , some people still think it is going to be re schedueld...in fact there was a date pencilled in for the gig on november 21st...but it looks like thats not happening...
Old 10-25-2012, 10:34 AM

Unhappy Tickets

I still have five tickets for me and my friends in hope of new date
Old 10-26-2012, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmaiden1966 View Post
i thought there would have been more comments about the gig not being re-scheduled.....
Nope. Just yours, and 2 threads that you've started on it.

If you'd tried to see Saxon throughout the 90's there were occasional changes and cancellations that we never got to hear about. I've booked a gig or two at a venue that hasn't happened.

Indeed on the American tour in 2003 ish that didn't happen I'd booked a flight out to Texas - where better to see Dallas 1pm?

Tour dates that are written in print are far less likely to be cancelled or postponed than at any point in the past. I'll take this one on the chin and only ask for a refund if it doesn't happen.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:11 PM

well , i have seen saxon through the 1990's and indeed 1980's..in fact each uk tour since the 'wheels of steel' 1980 tour , a fact that im very proud of , and like many other supporters of the band , i will post as and when and whatever i feel like saying , as long as it within the rules etc , and yes i started 2 threads ...just to settle down with this , im not daft enough not to understand that arranging tours and one off gigs can be a nightmare , im simply saying that its a shame the gig was not re scheduled prior to the three european dates , and that im surprised that more people havent mentioned it..i will see the band on the april 2013 tour , and love it as always..smiley face !!

Last edited by ironmaiden1966; 10-26-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:34 PM

Its Official no re-scheduled gig refunds are available from point of purchase.

SAXON CONFIRMED TO HEADLINE ROCK STAGE AT SWEDEN ROCK FESTIVAL!!!

As we promised: Here is the next big one!

Saxon is headlining the Rock Stage at Sweden Rock Festival next year! Not only that but as said before we will be able to bring the "Heavy Metal Thunder" Production and give the Swedish a show they have never ever seen before!!!
We are looking forward to come back to one of the greatest festivals in the world!

On another hand we got multiple questions re our postpone
d gig in Hatfield. After we tried several times to tie this gig in some of our live plans and haven't been successful we decided to let this gig go. Everybody of you who bought a ticket will be refunded by your ticket master. We promise you to try and to find another option for Hatfield some day next year but we couldn't take the responsibility to let you wait any longer.

Keep the faith!

SAXON