Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Introduce Yourself
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2013, 02:51 AM

I've been gone way too long. I need to spend more time here. This is a great forum with the greatest fans for the greatest Heavy metal band of all time, SAXON. Got the new album today, Unplugged and Strung Up. Just on side 4 now, Simply Stunning, Simply ...Brilliant.

Got it on vinyl, two disc, 180gr glorious black vinyl. Guys, the sound quality is fuckin amazing. Thank You...Thank You... Thank You.
This makes up for the aweful sound quality of the sacrifice Picture Discs. Got Sacrifice on CD too so that makes up for it also, some. Be nice to have sacrifice on bodacious black vinyl though. Im holding out hope.

Listening to "Requiem" acoustic version now. Damn, Im speecless. What an amazing, brilliant arrangement. Tears are wellin up.

God Bless SAXON!!
Music Angel-YC800MK Tube Amp,Carver C-1 Preamp,S*A*M Aldebaran Turntable, Jolida JD9 Phono Stage,ZYX Ultimate100 MC Cartridge,DBX 1231 PRO EQ,DBX-120X-DS,DBX-3BX DS,SIM Moon D100 DAC,LG-550 Blue Ray Region Free,Klipsch Modified Lascalas "Loud,Proud,Clean & Mean"

Last edited by edriz; 12-01-2013 at 03:18 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-03-2013, 08:23 PM

Thumbs up Well met...

[QUOTE=slug;39557]Let me be the first to welcome you to the forum mate....[/QUOT

Doh ! I wanted to be first ! Slug...

WELCOME To the SITE .....!!

I'm rarely on here these days but it's a Great site !
Old 12-04-2013, 02:21 AM

Its nice to have a place to hang with other Saxon fans worldwide. Especially in Europe. I absolutely loved my time there. 3-1/2 years of the best times of my life. Even had the Opportunity to make it to a Castle Donnington show one year. Rainbow was headlining on the Down To Earth tour. I believe AprilWine, Saxon and Riot were some of the bands there as well.
Music Angel-YC800MK Tube Amp,Carver C-1 Preamp,S*A*M Aldebaran Turntable, Jolida JD9 Phono Stage,ZYX Ultimate100 MC Cartridge,DBX 1231 PRO EQ,DBX-120X-DS,DBX-3BX DS,SIM Moon D100 DAC,LG-550 Blue Ray Region Free,Klipsch Modified Lascalas "Loud,Proud,Clean & Mean"
Old 12-04-2013, 06:02 PM

Welcome to the forum
Old 12-05-2013, 06:59 PM

Hello and Welcome from Germany.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:11 PM

Firstly welcome aboard.

1980 MOR is on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEnYm6Hkepw

Went in 1983 whitesnake,zz top,meatloaf,twisted sister,dio and diamond head.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:50 PM

In 83, I seen Whitesnake headline a MOR in Germany. I think maybe Nuremburg if I remember correctly. I remember Snake headlining with Cozy Powell on drums. Twisted Sister was also there, Meatloaf and Diuamond head. Dio was headlining in germany at the time so he wasnt on that bill. ZZ Top was doing the Midsummers Night Dream concert in Munich if memory is working today.

Man, talk about years gone by. I spent 3-1/2 years in Germany back then and believe me, those were by far the best years of my life. I absolutely loved it over there.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:42 AM

Sounds like a similar line up. Hopefully you get to see the mighty saxon soon because they are a class act in the flesh.