Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > News / Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 05:20 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvq19zg0XbU We will remember!!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:34 AM

I was very shocked and saddened when I heard the news about Pete. A lovely and genuine guy who made me smile and laugh no matter how I was feeling. A true Saxon fan, a fabulous entertainer who was always doing stuff for other people and a Gentleman. I'm very proud to have known him and call him my friend. My life will be a poorer place without him but knowing Pete made me a better person and I will forever be thankful to him for that. R.I.P Sir you will never be forgotten.

My thoughts are with his family and friends at this time

Last edited by 747rick; 01-24-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:38 PM

Very sad news to all of us!!!

Gone but not forgotten - see ya anywhere !!!

Adios, hmthunder
Old 01-26-2013, 09:20 PM

Didn't know him but I feel that I do now after reading so many lovely heartfelt tributes.. May God rest his soul.
Also had no idea that I chose a Forum name that matched his, not sure how this happened maybe something to do with mine not being capitals.. Need to change it out of respect but how do I do this?
Old 01-27-2013, 01:51 PM

sorry to hear about pete,i didnt know him but always sad to lose a friend and family member.r.i.p.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxonised View Post
Didn't know him but I feel that I do now after reading so many lovely heartfelt tributes.. May God rest his soul.
Also had no idea that I chose a Forum name that matched his, not sure how this happened maybe something to do with mine not being capitals.. Need to change it out of respect but how do I do this?
Pete's user name was "Saxonized" so stick with your name, it's fine but nice thought.

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL
Old 01-28-2013, 12:41 AM

Default Father.

I am absolutely delighted to view all these heartwarming comments by so many people who had the same passion and love for the band Saxon as my Dad did. Peter Shattock was clearly a valuable member of this community and it is absolutely fantastic to see that he was loved and appreciated by so many of its members. I've seen several photos with fellow members of this community and it brings a shed load of tears to my eyes to see how happy he was around you all. He's touched the lives of so many. I should be grieving at the moment around this time of distress but I want to focus on the happier times I had with my Father. I am delighted to say that the first live band I saw was Saxon with my Dad, I knew very little of the band at the time, but he introduced me to classics such as "Motorcycle Man", "Wheels of Steel" and "Denim and Leather" among numerous others. I loved that gig, and these are the best times I shared with my Dad and I'm also happy to say I shared them with a few of you as well. Through the power of music I managed to establish a bond with my Father like no other as he shared all of his favourite bands tracks with me. We would spend ages flicking through his ridicuously large record collection, and I would see Saxon's name cropping up several times, which shows how much of a huge fan he was! I can still imagine him now as a young teenager in his bedroom listening to all the records that meant so much to him. And that's how I would like to remember him, as a young heavy metal fan listening and rocking out to the songs he loved with a smile on his face. I would just like to say thank you to everyone who made him feel welcome and accepted within this community. I hope all the times you shared with my Dad were good ones which you can all treasure. I am delighted to inform you all that "Absent Friends" shall be played at his funeral in the honour of his undying love for the band. It truly is a beautiful song. Thank you all so very much for the comments and concern at this moment in time. Biff Byford if you're reading this, I can't thank you enough along with the other band members. This would have meant the world to him.

Dad, this post is dedicated to you. Love from your son, Daniel.

R.I.P
Old 01-28-2013, 10:49 AM

Daniel what a fantastic post, i knew your dad only a short time, but your father was one of a kind, funny loyal, we the forum members, are the lucky ones, to have met Pete, i hope to meet you and shake your hand, the saxon forum have lost a great friend, we cannot replace,but memories of pete will never die, we will remember he was born to rock n roll, im so sorry for your tragic loss, wish i could put it into better words, but i cant not.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:32 AM

Lovely post Daniel.Your old man was a top bloke and a great friend,we will miss him big time.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:41 AM

A beautiful post Daniel. Pete was a lovely man who will never be forgotten R.I.P