Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2010, 06:14 PM

Hi there,
Wacken 09 is featured heavily throughout the documentary but it's not one of the featured concerts.
Coolhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by never surrender View Post
sure i thought there was going to be lots of live shows on it, wacken 2009 for sure, its looking a bit dissapointing if that not on there
Old 03-24-2010, 09:35 PM

Ordered my copy today ... a bit late, but I hope not too late

I'm really looking forward to watch this stuff ... and of course the show in Hardenberg next Saturday
Old 03-26-2010, 08:31 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
An update from Coolhead re. the movie, which I appreciate and hope you guys do to.

Two other bits of news: we’re being featured in next month’s Classic Rock Magazine – we’re part of a feature on rock documentaries, and a specially-edited 15-minute segment of the film is being included on a free DVD given away with the mag. It tells the tale of Saxon’s first tour with Motorhead in 1979 and is very entertaining. It’s slightly different to the version on the actual DVD because we were only allowed to use two music tracks on the Classic Rock segment (there’s loads of music on the full DVD version).

We’re also looking to smash our way into the UK DVD music charts. Only UK sales count, so if you’re from the UK and know someone who hasn’t bought the DVD yet, get them to do it NOW! I’m sure you agree, it would be great to see Saxon in the charts again, getting the recognition they deserve. All we need is another 150 UK sales (and for Michael Jackson to gracefully leave the charts) and we could have a number one!

If you have any comments or questions, please send them to SaxonHMTMovie@rocketmail.com where we’ll try to reply to them as soon as we can.

Kindest regards,

Coolhead Productions.
Just got the issue of Classic Rock and watched the DVD.

Looks like it's been well worth the wait, really looking forward to the full release even more now.

In the magazine article they state they have had 2000 pre-orders, which is good, and also the screen shot of the cover used in the mag looks great, I hope they use that.

Well done Coolhead, looks like you have done us proud
Old 03-27-2010, 12:12 AM

Totally agree with Papadoc,

Received my copy of Classic Rock today as well, the HMT part of the free disc is really great to see and extremely funny as well. Made me laugh especially the piece by Dobby.

Looking forward to the full copy now, and i will say that if this snippet is anything to go by, well done to all at Coolhead for putting this together.

If anybody is still considering making the purchase, get in and as Coolhead made clear, lets help get Saxon back in the dvd chart.

Cheers
Old 03-29-2010, 08:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to Live to rock 747

out of interest, how many copies would they have to sell to say it the top 40 ?

Not got me copy of classic rock mag yet, bit slow getting it in yorkshire. prob be after the bank hols Grrr.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:10 PM

Send a message via MSN to Nick_the_VII_Saxon
well you guys that went to the 2008 St George were lucky to see Paul's insane solo Sixth Form Girls and really looking forward to watching (and listening!) to the 21th century version!!

Can't wait to see any contents on it. Just reading the chapters lines, I feel so happy! I couldn't stop watching for any news, knew about the main chapters, etc. But now WOW!

I know wonder how Coolhead production will manage the delivery. All the same way through Europe?

Were the copies done in UK or Germany? So how and whith what transport society will it come to us?

Asking because I had never had any problems with metaltix, just the last tme. Metaltix does great job, the German transport company too, but once delivered to French transporters, they use another number of pack so they couldn't find my home and had to call like 5 times and wait 3 days to have my Metaltix goods at home. Metaltix neither the transporters they used couldn't help finding the goods!

And as I am not in my home on the week now but in another town, I won't be there when receiving it, I think.

nick_saxon@hotmail.fr
Old 03-31-2010, 06:01 PM

Good news! Looking forward to seeing the finished product
Old 03-31-2010, 08:28 PM

Coolhead...any update on an estimated shipping date?
Old 04-01-2010, 10:58 AM

Just seen the edited Bomber tour footage given away with CLASSIC ROCK........
What can I say.............
BRING IT ON
Old 04-02-2010, 02:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to Live to rock 747

Just seen the dvd in CR. The Dawson bit bout the tour bus with motorhead well funny, Totally agree with Lemmy when he says why he cant understand bands that cant all get on with each other. spot on. Anyhow well looking forward evan more now for me Heavy Metal Thunder, Cant be long now can it coolhead.

Tags
heavy, metal, movie, thunder